Have I Fried my D620?

ssprod

Greetings-----> My D620 IntelGPU has been serving me wonderfully over the last 6 months with Lion10.7.4 presently. Yesterday all was good, today I turned it on, to find a completely black screen, can't get a display to the bios. Upon powering up, the CD capstan turns, but only the power light is on. The HD light does not flash, even intermittently. Tried booting with an external monitor, no positive results, just a black screen. Any thoughts, suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I fear however that this is a hardware (possible fried mobo) issue. Thanks! ssprod

Dear ssprod,

Can you get into bios?

Cheers!

Hi Syonagar..Unfortunately not, when the power button is depressed, I get the power light and the DVD drive capstan engaged, but no display whatsoever. Thanks for your reply. ssprod

Dead ssprod,

Sounds like my macbook pro 4.1 that was fried by Lion and ML.

Try to remove the memory card and see if it can boot up.

Cheers!

Memory card? I have removed the ram if that means anything. Other than that, not quite sure what you mean, thanks again. ssprod

• Administrators

well start by basic trouble shooting.... remove dvd rom remove hdd remove wifi, leave only one ram slot populated and start from there with ram testing and then swap ram and locations, if basic striped down machine still give you issues then your mobo might be bad or the bios might need recovery.

well start by basic trouble shooting.... remove dvd rom remove hdd remove wifi, leave only one ram slot populated and start from there with ram testing and then swap ram and locations, if basic striped down machine still give you issues then your mobo might be bad or the bios might need recovery.

Hi Bronx, hope you're well! Thanks for the tip... tried what you've mentioned with the same results. How does one go about a bios recovery? Kind Regards. ssprod

• Administrators

Hi,

My D620 has started behaving similarly. Sometimes, when I switch it on, the screen just stays black, even if I switch it off and back on again. I have to remove the battery and put it back to recover.

The 1st few times this happened, I had had really strange vertical lines followed by blur on the screen. I'm beginning to wonder if the nVidia card is on its way to die or what...

Hi,

My D620 has started behaving similarly. Sometimes, when I switch it on, the screen just stays black, even if I switch it off and back on again. I have to remove the battery and put it back to recover.

The 1st few times this happened, I had had really strange vertical lines followed by blur on the screen. I'm beginning to wonder if the nVidia card is on its way to die or what...

UPDATE: Unplugged the CMOS battery for 15 minutes, plugged it back in--> now upon powering up, power light is solid illuminated AND middle+right CAP Locks are flashing. Still black screen exists. ssprod