[Solved] E7270: OCS: No schema errors & OC: No vault provided error

ultlaman31

Hi all, long time noob posting.

I was using Catalina with clover for a while and decided to switch over to OpenCore with fresh installation of Big Sur. I created bootable USB with createinstallmedia command in Terminal from my wife's Macbook. and I got the EFI files from this forum by Jake Lo (OC_0.7.0) and placed them on EFI partition on USB.

But I'm getting below errors when I boot,

OCS: No schema for Boot at 1 index, context <root>|

OCS: No schema for SMBIOS at 2 index, context <root>|

OC: Configuration requires vault but no vault provided|
AA782F53-793E-4BD7-B24A-2B9ED99C6D62.thumb.jpeg.6ac55e96e1c98eee0457bf12972f3f68.jpeg

I googled and only able to find an answer for the last error, which I checked Misc->Security->Vault to make sure "Optional", but I wasn't able to find anything about the first two. Any help would be appreciated! 

My hardware:

Dell E7270

CPU: i5-6300U (Skylake)

iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 520

RAM: 2x8Gb

Wifi: Intel 18260 Tri-Band Wireless-AC WiGig + Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.2 Wireless Card

Switched to DW1560 (Broadcom 4352)

Great! I just finished installing it!

Now I have another question. On the System Report, it only shows that there is only One processor and two cores. On Clover, I was able to update the system info from Clover configurator, but how can I update it OpenCore? Do I have to use XCode or is there another tool? 

My system info is shown on first post, but it's i5-6300U (Skylake)

IMG_5033.JPG.b4acfd520a587de14559ca5132373a3d.JPG

• Administrators

Nope, what you get/see is perfectly normal. Mainstream multi-core CPUs have always been reported as single CPUs with n cores, something that totally reflects the hardware. Here's my own i7-based E7270 SysInfo:

E7270_HW_report.jpg

In no way does "dual-core/4 threads CPU" mean 2 x processors and 4 cores; you misunderstood things.