Mountain Lion - Dell Latitude E6420 Intel HD3000

Alejandro

You can add me on Skype, you can find the info in my profile. We will have a look how to fix everything and get it inside EDP :), so it will be helpful for all users! :).

Skype is for me easier, to help you better. I will post all results on the forum, for other users, so no problem ;).

Hi Alajandro/Houmles,

I have a E6520 (with HD3000) which is similar to your E6420. Based on your instructions, I am able to boot the unifail ML 10.8.2 and I am able to install it. Now I am able to login with unifail USB and just like yours, Audio and Wifi are not working. Thanks for your instructions and so far this is the farthest I could get with Mountain Lion.

I am able to setup the bootloader by copying it from unifail USB like you suggested. But my display is showing only 1 resolution 1024x768. Please help me to fix audio and display.

Please help me with instructions that can take to a point where your systems are now. Looks like you guys mage a great progress. I am note as knowledgeable as you guys.

thanks in advance.

I found more info about this issue.

1. I am able to login only with -x (safe mode) flag.

2. My BIOS has NVidia Otimus technology and only after disabling it I am able to boot successfully.

3. Even though I think my graphics card is HD3000 , OSX is recognizing it as "NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB"

4. Audio is still an issue

5. Wifi is not yet working

Please help me if you can with any of the above issues.

• Moderators

Hi,

I have an E6420 with same specs as Alejandro with the Intel HD 3000 graphics 1366x768 resolution running Mountain Lion.
I used the myHack process and got most things working. Sleep is not working. I have a DW1510 that I rebranded a while back.
I don't have a DSDT as I don't know how to create one. I tried one from edp pack for lion E6420, but that didn't work.

I notice that there's different webcam that came with the E6420. If you got the Ricoh Corporation chipset, it'll work out of the box. If you got the Sunplus Innovation Tech, you'll get really poor quality.

If anyone is interested, here's my Extra folder. Maybe someone could help with creating a DSDT file.

Update: Get the latest Extra folder here, post #94. Sleep is now working!

Hi,

I have an E6420 with same specs as Alejandro with the Intel HD 3000 graphics 1366x768 resolution running Mountain Lion.

I used the myHack process and got most things working. Sleep is not working. I have a DW1510 that I rebranded a while back.

I don't have a DSDT as I don't know how to create one. I tried one from edp pack for lion E6420, but that didn't work.

I notice that there's different webcam that came with the E6420. If you got the Ricoh Corporation chipset, it'll work out of the box. If you got the Sunplus Innovation Tech, you'll get really poor quality.

If anyone is interested, here's my Extra folder. Maybe someone could help with creating a DSDT file.

Hi Newbie,

I have same notebook Dell E6420 with HD3000 graphics, but with display resolution 1600x900.

I try your Extra folder but without success than I have question. Which BIOS version you have?

Do you do some changes on /System/Library/Extensions?

I want prepare my installation step by step process but I still have some problems which I want resolve.

For example: Volume Up and Down on keys F11 and F12 not working, I must go to Settings / VoodooHDA pane.

Most important problem for me is, that battery don't show capacity and system don't see battery. :-(

Could somebody help?

Thank you

//DALDA