Mountain Lion - Dell Latitude E6420 Intel HD3000

Alejandro

• Moderators

Hi dalda.cz,

For your display resolution, you could change it in the boot.plist to match your screen. 

I'm using the latest bios for E6420 A14. SLE is not modified in any way as I want to keep it as vanilla as possible.

For volume control on the keyboard, I don't think Fn is working. I just use the volume controller on the right side of the keyboard, works perfectly.

The battery gauge works most of the time, sometimes it won't show the percentage but once I reboot it, it'll come back again.

I went through the install again with my Extra folder to get the exact steps to get everything working. Before I begin, I created a folder in my Extra called Apps and copy Chameleon Wizard to it so it'll get copy over to the hard drive when I select it.

1) Replace the generic Extra folder with my Extra folder after you created the usb installer with myHack or you could rename it, run my fix to update permission

2) Boot off the installer, when prompt to choose drivers location, choose your own and point to this Extra folder

3) Select Yes to all 3 kext that will be remove

4) You'll get a Install Failed at the end, that's fine. Just click on restart.

5) Boot system up in SafeMode using the -x switch otherwise it'll just hang

6) Finish the installation. Before you reboot here, I install the latest Chameleon v2.2svn r2172 using the Chameleon wizard v4.12 from the Apps folder in Extra. Now you can boot without -x switch.

Hi Jake Lo, 

I have a few question, I accidentally upgrade my Mac OSX and now is not working. I'm trying to boot with a myHack usb but is not working. It get me a kernel panic appleACPIPlatform. How do you manage to boot with myhack in this model? which version are you using? I'm trying with the 3.2 beta 8, and Mountain Lion 10.8, and using your extra folder.

Please let me know how can I bring back my installation in order to not loose al my data.

Regards

Alejandro

• Moderators

Hi Jake Lo, 

I have a few question, I accidentally upgrade my Mac OSX and now is not working. I'm trying to boot with a myHack usb but is not working. It get me a kernel panic appleACPIPlatform. How do you manage to boot with myhack in this model? which version are you using? I'm trying with the 3.2 beta 8, and Mountain Lion 10.8, and using your extra folder.

Please let me know how can I bring back my installation in order to not loose al my data.

Regards

Alejandro

Can you elaborate on what's not working? Boot with -v -f to see if it helps

What OSX version did you upgrade to?

Can you boot up with myHack usb and load up to the install gui?

Can you elaborate on what's not working? Boot with -v -f to see if it helps

What OSX version did you upgrade to?

Can you boot up with myHack usb and load up to the install gui?

When I boot with -v -f  i get the error in the file BootWith-V-F.JGP. Without the -v -f options I get different kernel planic, IOPCIFamily, IOUSBFamily,  AudioAUUC not found, etc.

I upgraded from 10.8 to 10.8.5.

Everytime I tried to boot with myhack y get  EBIOS Read Error: Controller or device error, and when I use the -v -f option Kernel Panic, I attach the screenshot Myhack-V-F.jpg

I don't know if It's important, but my Bios version is A08.

If you need something else, let me know.

Thank you so much for you time.

post-5970-0-61804200-1381879039_thumb.jpg

post-5970-0-18224500-1381879749_thumb.jpeg

The problem is how? I cannot boot with myhack. Do you guys know another way? I'm going to try to boot with unifail, but I don't know if I can put the kext again, because the first time that I did it was with multifail.

UPDATE: No luck with unifail... :S It doesnt start either.

Regards

• Administrators

Try to boot in single user mode with -s boot flag. Then check for the presence of the AppleACPIPlatform kext in /Extra/Extensions. If it is, delete the kext of the same name from /System/Library/Extensions, then run the command myfix -t / and the laptop will then reboot.

Try to boot in single user mode with -s boot flag. Then check for the presence of the AppleACPIPlatform kext in /Extra/Extensions. If it is, delete the kext of the same name from /System/Library/Extensions, then run the command myfix -t / and the laptop will then reboot.

I tried to boot, normally and using the myhack usb, with -s and both failed. I can even get the myHack usb pen boot. Any other idea? 

Again, thanks for you help and effort.

Regards

• Moderators

I tried to boot, normally and using the myhack usb, with -s and both failed. I can even get the myHack usb pen boot. Any other idea? 

Again, thanks for you help and effort.

Regards

Go ahead and update your BIOS to A19, it wouldn't hurt. 

Do you have another OSX system you can slave this HDD to?  I could upload my latest boot pack that I'm using on ML10.8.5.

Go ahead and update your BIOS to A19, it wouldn't hurt. 

Do you have another OSX system you can slave this HDD to?  I could upload my latest boot pack that I'm using on ML10.8.5.

Yes, I have an iMac. I can get the disk from the laptop and attached through USB to the iMac.

Let me know what do you want me to do..

Thanks again

Regards