Netflix 4K

aelsharawi

I have z240 core i5 and rx 580 connected to Samsung Tv via HDMI

I can not play Netflix 4k

although I switched the resolution to 4k

changed the SmBios to iMac that’s is after 2018 (according to online recommendation that states Netflix 4K only works for newer Mac)

• Administrators

There are DRM and browser issues to take into consideration. For many Hackintosh users, Netflix only streams out SD, not even HD! Safari usually isn’t supported and Chrome can be problematic too, forcing people to switch to alternatives such as Firefox or others.

Did you consult the WhateverGreen documentation and/or use the shikigva boot arg?

Agree the TV has Netflix app with 4K...but the sound on the mac is better with more control

updates:

was able to play HDR from apple TV was stable before (Also HDR for netflix on safari was working)..dont know what I changed in the setting

now it gives black screen on apple TV and netflix dosnt work on safari and the solution is disable and renable HDR from the TV..fixes Apple Tv but netflix still the same.

a nice refrence 

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Chart.md

but I did not need any thing for DRM to work

-the issue on APPLE TV Black screen was due to hue sync app with starting with mac and it does the black screen...removed from start...now fixed

now netflix on safari is the remaining issue

--drm netflix worked with iMac Pro Smbios