D830 ML won't start after edp install

athfd2p

I installed ML via myhack and the d830 bootpack. When the install is done, I can setup a user etc then I can boot into ML. When I get done installing the bootloader and the EDT and reboot, it will not boot into ML, it just keeps boot looping. Any ideas on what may be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Well it seems that there is something wrong with the boot loader because when it starts up, it just shows a black screen. When I use the myhack usb to boot using verbose, it works just fine. Also when I try to shut the machine down it hangs and will never actually properly shutdown. Any ideas?

have you run and built edp for your model after install?

Yes I have. Sometimes it will boot without needing the usb but other times it will load with just a black screen and the harddrive is doing something but no video. Other times it boot loops and I have to reinstall. Here is how I am installing: Run myhack usb installer, use custom extra folder (d830 bootpack), say yes to removed problem kexts, reboot. Run EDP, reboot. I have to manually install a boot loader because it can't find one upon reboot so I have been using the newest chameleon pkg from here.

• Administrators

Dear Ath,

Its seems to be like graphics issues including the shutdown issues. The graphics is injected wrongly i think. We have come accross quite a number of similar issues with nvidia models. Look around the forum for some guide on how to modify the nvidia card entries in the dsdt.aml to reflect you card. If you have efi string for your graphics cards try to put it the system properties and enabled it in com.chameleon.boot.plist using chameleon wizard.

Cheers!

Here is what I did. I replaced the dsdt.aml file in the Extra folder on the myhack usb and installed. I installed ML etc, booted, and ran EDP. EDP replaces the default extra folder so I moved the dsdt.aml from the backup one and put it in the new one. After restart it just bootloops.