D830 ML won't start after edp install

athfd2p

Here is what I did. I replaced the dsdt.aml file in the Extra folder on the myhack usb and installed. I installed ML etc, booted, and ran EDP. EDP replaces the default extra folder so I moved the dsdt.aml from the backup one and put it in the new one. After restart it just bootloops.

I had the same problem on my D830 nvidia ssytem a couple of weeks ago. But in your luck I searched the forum and I find a solution but I forgot where it is now; however I can the DSDT file to fix it (attached). I can confirm that his fix works on mine. You'll have better days after this:-). All you have to do is to unzip, rename the file to DSDT.aml, put it on Extra folder and voila.! BTW, you have to boot on an OS X system somehow to be able to do that; insert your ML disk as a USB drive and put the file. And the rests is easy. Okay, I'm not permitted to upload this, which was done in the first place by the other user, weird! Plan B, I'll try to search for the forum then.

Update, only Admins can attached the file, ? and more ????; but anyway here's the link:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/897-d830-nvidia-black-screen-after-update-solved/

i just hope that the team update the workflow for D830 nvidia. If the operating system is Mountain Lion, they should put this file in the D830 nvidia bootpacks - to help other users. Just a wish list.