Dell Latitude 5320 2 in 1 - Try to Install Hackintosh but always failed in many ways

Andry Savana

Hello Good People, I'm sorry if my english not good, but I really appreciate maybe you have a solution for me,

I've been trying to install macOS on Latitude 5520 in many ways like opencore, cloverboot, via transmac, creating usb bootable from windows and my sister's mac but I never see Apple logo booting because I always have an error before that step, booting is okay, and UEFI menu is okay, BIOS Setting is okay, but when I choose like "install macOS Catalina" and then some coding show up on a black screen but always and always error like, when i try with opencore show error OCB: LoadImage Failed: Unsupported, or error like +++++++++++++++++++_  or error like runtime stuck and I've been try from macOS Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, and I create another bootable usb for ages but i really need macOS Ecosystem because i want to learn Logic Pro X for music production. So this is my laptop specs maybe someone have a good EFI or file bootable that match with my laptop?

CPU : Commet Lake-U Intel i7-10610U @ 1.80GHz
GPU : Intel UHD Graphics 620 (GT2, dev id 0x9B41)

RAM : Kingston 16GB DDR4-2666
Storage : NVME Hynix 512GB
Audio :  Codec to be defined
Network : Atheros/Qualcomm QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
Bluetooth : Qualcomm QCA61x4A Bluetooth

Thank you

• Administrators

Hi, a few things to know as pre-requisites:

• Your laptop is based on 10th gen Comet Lake platform and this is only supported since Catalina 10.15.3. As such, you would not be able to get very far with anything older than Catalina such as Mojave or High Sierra. See here and here. With an iGPU dev id 0x9B41, your UHD 620 would be expected to be supported.
  • Your Qualcomm/Atheros QCA6174 is totally unsupported and would need to be replaced; either by a supported M.2 model or by a USB dongle. See here.
  • Some people have reported issues getting graphics acceleration with Comet Lake systems so don't be too surprised if you encounter the same.

This being, if you follow the Dortania guidance for OpenCore, you should be able to get there:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/coffee-lake-plus.html

Make sure your BIOS is configured in the correct manner, for instance, disk mode set to AHCI, not RAID, secure boot disabled, that sort of things. Check for any existing threads about the Latitude 5x20 family also though there may not be many.