Mountain Lion on D830

albert e

I managed to install ML on D830 using the USB guide and Extra bootpacks. Successful installed ML (yeah!), I was happy for 5 minutes - testing Safari, Software update, AppStore, etc. but then when I installed EDP and installed the desired D830 configuration for my hardware; the item 2 (ApplePS2keyboard.kext) does not work. I have to use a USB keyboard. Configuration 2: Keyboard/Mouse/TrackPad (item 0) -worked, Enable sound item(3 - Voodoo stable) but didn't work. KP.

So, I'm stuck with no audio.

Help, I need somebody help!

Dear Albert,

Have you tried the different sound kexts in EDP?

Cheers!

Re-install a new partition(BTW: previously ML was installed/updated on a OS X Snow Leopard) and everything works except when updated to the latest EDP - blackscreen problem. Found the solution here:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/897-d830-nvidia-black-screen-after-update-solved/

After I unzip, rename the file, insert it to Extra folder, reboot, I had better days after this. :-) yeehaa!

My wish list for the D830 nvidia process is - when installing EDP, it would detect the OS, if OS is ML then install this file. Santa please do this, I promise to be nice!

Thanks to this.