E7280: HDMI Output and EFI fine tune

Maxd13

Hello,

I have been migrating from from a dell 5470 to a 7280. I have collected an EFI and adjusted to my machine with the OpenCore Configurator. I'm pretty happy with the congif, but I have 2 questions:

- I'm not so sure what is the "Firmware.scap" file on the Apple/Extentions. this is file is pretty big on my EFI foler. I have read that I can delete it and it will be regenrated. Any info on that ?

-I have no HDMI output... Any incorrect configuration on my EFI folder ?

Thanks In advance for your help

Max

211010-OC-0.7.4-7280-1.zip

I had to split my EFI folder in 2 zip files.

Thanks

Max

211010-OC-0.7.4-7280-2.zip

Hello Lorys,

well the "file - test" work like a charm, HDMI output is back. and the full touchpad feature is a dream ! Thanks

My model got touchscreen, with your EFI I lost it.. not event sure I want it since I'm not a big fan of it but I will try to compare with my previous EFI.

Thanks again

Max

• Thanks 1

Hello @Lorys89

I'm sorry because I'm going to ask you basic question, because I play a bit with the config.plist but I'm far from an expert..

-ioreg log: WellI didn't find out yet how to generate it..is this something that I can do with ioRegistry explorer ? if you tell me how I'm happy to do it :-) ( see touchscreen attachement)

-SSDT-DELL-LATITUDE-7280.zip: system doesn't boot if I put the file in ( see boot attachment). Normally I have a lot of SSDT files on that folder.

-Education: I normally udate Kexts via the tool Hackintool, should I don't do it to avoid losing your specific config ?

-Where did you put all the specific config for the model 7280, only on the file above ? 

Sorry for the question and thanks for your help

Max

1 Touchscreen.png

2 Boot.jpeg

@Maxd13 use my efi on the github but change the kext usb port, you have to use yours since you have an extra internal usb port which is the touchscreen. 

or look on hackintool that usb HS port is and correct the kext on my repo github. 

so I make it compatible with touchscreen models. 

I suppose HS08? 

• Administrators

I'm not sure you'll get Touchscreen working in Catalina or Big Sur without some add-on software. It certainly was the case for my Skylake E7270 for which Touchscreen worked OOB up to Mojave. @Maxd13, your SysInfo screenshot seems to show you've changed your SMBIOS from MBP (which would have been correct) to that of an iMac (which would be incorrect). Is that the case?

• Like 1