Latitude 7490: TouchPad close to fully working with new I2C Alps kext

Jazzoo

@juico @blankmac Just gave your new Alps kext a try on my 7490. Touchpad is working. Still no luck with the buttons. 

Also found something interesting. If I place my finger on the touchpad and then hit the button it works! Both buttons working for left click if I place one finger and right click when place two fingers.. I think we are close to succeed on the touchpad buttons soon.

• Haha 1

Just tried the AlpsHID_PTP_test on my Lat E7280 running Catalina 10.15.7 with latest sec updates, etc.

TrackPad buttons are still dead for me unless I am in contact with the trackpad :(

The TrackPad, itself seems nice and smooth, I don't do too many finger acrobatics tho'.

I have been trying the 1.2 git version and had no better luck with that so stopped by here for a visit.

So the TrackPad buttons are functioning properly, i.e. like a mouse, for some of you ?

Is the 1.2 git version more evolved than the test version above ?

Huh, ok thanks for that. I will be probably updating in the next few days.

Interestingly enough, I get good, normal trackpad button response by rolling back to the previous AlpsT4USB.kext v1.5.

Left button works perfectly w/o the need to be in contact with the trackpad and right button is usually ok too but not 100%.

Maybe this kext is not so popular because of limited gestures ? I dunno, and don't care as all that I really use is 2 finger scrolling.

I'll go back to the AlpsHID.kext if trackpad button functionality returns with Big Sur and/or AlpsT4USB.kext stops functioning.

But, otherwise, dead trackpad buttons is a real deal killer for me so I'll keep cruising with the older version.

• Like 1