Dell Latitude E5570: need help to fine-tune Big Sur installation

Zal

Hi

I spent several days and hours trying to get opencore and bigsur 11.6 to work on Dell Latitude E5570, got everything to work as well as the touchscreen, except Touchpad, bluetooth and LAN, usb mouse is working but would love to get touchpad bluetooh and lan working or at least touchpad, would appreciate if someone can help me with this. 

I have attached the efi file maybe someone can help

My specs is

Dell Latitude E5570

Intel Core i7 6820HQ

12GB RAM

1TB M.2 SSD

I am using the intel 8260 wifi which comes with this dell laptop, i removed all data under resources and removed the apple folder to be able to attach the efi here to comply with the size limit

Thanks in advance for your help

EFI.rar

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

According to your Config file, you have Bluetoothfirmware and IntelMausi disabled, enable them should fixed those issue

As for touchpad, your touchpad is not I2C as far as I know. Disable those 2 kexts.

With Acidanthera's VoodooPS2Controller.kext should enable both trackpoint and Touchpad but without multi gestures. You should have 2 finger scrolling at least.

Hello Jake,

Thank you very much, Once i enable the bluetoothfirmware it would freeze thats why i had it disable as far as i remember, I do have Vodoochild as well, do i keep this one as well as I had it disable since it would stop the external usb mouse from working

I will try Acidanthera's VoodooPS2Controller.kext now and let you know

Thanks

Hey Jake,

Thanks again for trying to help me on this, I tried disabling vodooi2cHID and VoodooI2C as well as enabling Bluetoothfirmware and IntelMausi but now its stuck on apple logo and wont boot

I have attached my latest EFI after these changes, not sure what is going wrong here but you guys really my last hope on this

EFI.rar

Edited by Zal
typo

• Moderators

You have IntelSnowMausi.kext enabled in the Config file, the kext doesn't exist in your kext folder.

You don't need IntelSnowMausi.kext, IntelMausi is enough. Remove it from the Config file

What error are you getting that's preventing it from booting?

enable verbose to help you diagnose

Hello Jake,

Thank you, it booted faster however touchpad doesnt work still, I also lost touchscreen and brightness adjustment on this

I have attached the efi that would boot without any issue with everything except touchpad, Thanks again for all the help, really appreciated it

I removed apple folder to be able to fit it here

EFI.rar