Dell Latitude E5570: need help to fine-tune Big Sur installation

Zal

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Jake

I tried that didnt work as well :(

Also it seems VoodooI2C and VoodooI2cHID are the one that control the touchscreen, if they are disabled or removed my touchscreen no longer work.. I tried almost every VoodooPS2Controller.kext out there and trackpoint and Touchpad wont work still :(, my dell E5570 has the FHD screen with touchscreen as I know there is several specs of it

I am out of idea and any suggestion would be highly appreciated

Got it to work with Dr hurt v5, https://osxlatitude.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11863

Thanks Jake for trying to help really appreciated it, one last thing please

How do i get the brightness toggle to work along with the keyboard brightness/sound, i have karabiner installed and install the json for it and i can control volume no problem, the brightness would show the bar going down but its full bright until it go all the way down, then flicker and go black, anyway to fix this please?

Thanks

Jake,

Thank you, this one booted right away with touchpad, touchscreen and everything working, the keyboard button works now without karabiner however brightness wont dim, it would just go all the way to down then black, flicker and wont come backup... I believe we are very close

I have attached IOReg, thanks again

MacBook Pro.zip

Hello Jake,

Thank you but it didnt work, it took the brightness key along with it, it will no show the keyboard brightness key and nothing really happen if i slide it too

Hey Jake,

I made a progress here, I went ahead and opened terminal and wrote the following

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage

sudo pmset hibernatefile /dev/null

Then i put the laptop to sleep, when it wakeup the brightness does work and dim works, how i can have this work without having to take it to sleep? let me share my current efi with you here

EFI.rar

Thank you very much for being awesome trying to help all this time, really appreciate it

• Moderators

The commands are for sleep issue which is not your issue here. Sounds like it'll work after a sleep /wake cycle, something I have heard others with different Latitude models having this exact same issue.

We could have your try resetting NVRam and see if it fixes it.

At OC picker gui, press spacebar. When the Reset NVRam option appears, click on that. It'll reboot back to OC picker. Continue booting and see if that fixes it. Could be nvram not working