Optiplex 760

MacsRTheBomb

I have an Optiplex 755 and a 760. I know Syanogar has a working EDP for the 755 running Lion. I have been trying to work to get an Optiplex 760 working with Mountain Lion. I have tried just about everything I know, but it keeps landing me in the same place...begging for someone that knows a whole lot more about how this works than I do.

1. I have created a myHack USB for Mountain Lion

2. Install Mountain Lion on Optiplex 760

3. Choose base kext files and choose all the recommended kext files with the exception of the Nvidia (I am running an ATI card)

4. I successfully load up ML, with absolutely no network, graphics support, etc. But it is working.

5. If I try to make any changes to the kext files, etc, it really hoses the system to where I have to start all over again.

I am looking for someone that can help me try to get this system supported. I tried loading the 755 EDP files and the system would not boot. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been working so hard to try and get a Mac up and running with Quartz Extreme support.

I have the following graphics cards at my disposal, but chose the ATI Radeon HD 3450 256MB because it seemed to be the best half height card I had (My Optiplex is the the small form factor, not the smallest though)

ATI Radeon X300SE 128MB

Nvidia Quadro 290

Nvidia Quadro 370

Dell Optiplex 760 2.66ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

4gb 800mhz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon HD 3450 256MB

There are, but not every card is in it .. Just say the name, and we will tell you if it is supported.

Hello everyone,

I have the same config as him:

Dell Optiplex 760 2.66ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

4gb 800mhz DDR2 SDRAM

ATI Radeon HD 3450 256MB

but unable to install the ATI graphics card... I tried graphicsenabler=yes but no more success.

Thanks for your support

Simon

• Administrators

Dear sim,

Graphics injection from cham does not work properly for ati sometimes i found. You need to boot with graphicsenabler=no and use kext injection instead. Look for an enabler kext for your card. You could try the natif.kext from optiplex 755 in edp.

Cheers.

Just a followup to my working with the Optiplex 760. I have successfully got this system working with the help of Syaonoagar. The only thing not working yet is the Sleep. The existing sleep enabler does not work. Still working on that issue.

I do have another issue that I wanted to ask. I have found this system to hang on me quite often after replacing my 80gig hard drive to a 2 tb hard drive. The restore didn't work for many reasons via Time Machine, saying my system was different than the one on disk. Earlier I made a disk image (Syanogar recommendation) that proved to be my saviour, however, when creating a system disk image, be sure to make it while NOT using it. I had to create it after booting up off USB.

So, I am looking around to see if anyone has had any issues with OSX ML on a 2 tb hard drive?

Alan

ps. As soon as I get the sleep enabler working, I have asked Syanogar to post my kext files (/Extra)