Optiplex 760

MacsRTheBomb

• Administrators

Dear alan,

I made some progress on getting sleep to work on my optiplex 755. Try to remove nullcpupowermanagement and sleepenabler in your extra if its there. Also remove unnecessary parameters in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Syanagar,

I do have the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in my /Extra/Extentions/ directory (nothing in the plist). I want to make darn sure I got the correct procedure down for making kext changes/additions/removals. If I just delete or add a kext file into the /Extra/Extentions/ directory, can you tell me the exact procedure to take? Do I have to use like Kext Wizard and then myfix (full) or can I just run the myfix after making the kext file changes in the /Extra/Extensions directory? Please let me know.

Thanks,

I will let you know right away if the sleep stuff worked.

Alan

Adam,

The 760, compared to the other Dell's I have messed with, is a fairly easy beast. The only thing I don't have working is "sleep". Attached are my .kext files. It took a while to get all this working, but here is what I would recommend you do (I can't recall if I had to made any changes to BIOS, I don't think I did)

1. Get your USB done (myHack)

2. Install Kext Wizard and Chameleon Wizard

3. Install all my attached kext files

NOTE: When installing MacOS using myHack USB, you can opt to use your own /Extra. Just extract the attached file, put it in a directory and point to it when it asks you.

You should be good to go. This system so far is ROCK SOLID.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Extra - Optiplex 760 ML.zip

Gee thanks.

Adam,

I am not trying to be anything but someone that will try to help. I gave you everything I had that got my Optiplex 760 working, you have a 960. OSXLATITUDE uses their own way of installing, using EDP. Please know I am not dissing you at all, I just don't know how to help you. I don't have a 960 to test with.