HP Probook 640/650 G1: reset on plugging/unplugging DP cable

hiropa

Thank you so much for the latest EFI posted here. This is working much better now. But a new bug that occurred to me is that every time I pull or plug the DisplayPort Cable, the laptop resets. Do you have any idea where this could come from? I already checked GPU setup in config but could not find any changes there.

• Administrators

Are you sure it's DP cabled not HDMI? What you described is typical with HDMI cable on Haswell laptops and required to set the associated connector pipe to 0x12. That's what Jake's config above aimed to do.

Best thing to do is identify the connector associated to your DP output port through tools such as IORegistryExplorer. But I'd also ask you too post your system's specs in signature so that we know what we're dealing with.

Actually its a DP -> HDMI Adaptor, as the Probook has no HDMI Port. The crash happens if I pull either the adaptor itself or the cable from the adaptor. 

I attached the IOReg file. I also tested a bit and noticed that the last working version was this, but I could not spot a particular change in the config file. I did however try to copy the frame buffer entries from Device Properties from 0.6.9 to the current ones, but with no success. 

MacBook Pro (2).ioreg