D630 Modular Bay

seb43654

Hi,

I was wondering if the modular bay is compatible with Mountain Lion. Has anyone ever tried using a Hard Drive or secondary battery in it with OS X?

Also if I were to throw in a secondary SSD for my boot drive, will the data transfer rates be slower than the built in SATA hard drive slot?

Thanks,

Seb

Hi,

I was wondering if the modular bay is compatible with Mountain Lion. Has anyone ever tried using a Hard Drive or secondary battery in it with OS X?

Also if I were to throw in a secondary SSD for my boot drive, will the data transfer rates be slower than the built in SATA hard drive slot?

Thanks,

Seb

Yup, Runs like a charm, I use a Kingston 128 ssd, along with a hitachi 750g running a 7200 rpm, also works with modular floppy and modular battery once in a while but not that often I have to verify and repair permissions in disk utility,. but Its never failed, Id say go for it, my specs are 2.5 processor ,8g of ram(though I firmly believe anything more than 4 is a waste) 128 SSD, 750 modular,. 360 blutooth , 1490 broadcom ,.90 watt power adaptor (dont use the 65w) and running 10.7.4 good luck-

Oh,. I could never get it to boot from modular bay , Ive tried ,.and failed,.not sure what the transfer rate is ,but not that all different from from a usb with 2 hubs used,. the battery module is awesome ,.does give an honest 4 hrs,.(depending on use of-course) ,.also relatively cheap on ebay,.Just try to remember the Front Bus Speed is only at 800, so you can only do so much to improve speed