Optiplex 5040 SFF - Big Sur 11.1: 2 monitors DP+HDMI fail

AudioLab
Go to solution Solved by Jake Lo,

@Jake Lo Bang! it worked! Thank you very much! I hope one day to return the favor! Thanks again Jake!

@Hervé Hi I tried to follow your guide but with no luck, I probably made a mistake or I missed something. I'm a bit rusty! I was better when Clover came out. Yes, the 7040 is basically the same machine with more RAM management. At least what I remember. Anyway I love this forum. it is very well structured. Thanks for your interest. We will see soon around here😁

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both display are full HD so their Max resolution is 1920 * 1080. There is no adapter between the cables and monitors. They are connected One with HDMI to HDMI and other with displayport to displayport. Sometimes boot screen fails with boot display that became  Black.Of course if I try  i cannot connect with remote connection such anydesk, 'cause anydesk screen is black too.

Thanks. I will try and let you know.

No way. Has done boot correctly one time at next boot both screens black.

The strange fact is that sometimes boot correctly showing both monitors on and more often instead screen black with backlight on and only dp monitor show mouse cursor move very dimmered but I cannot reach login Window.