Monterey on Dell precision 5520 - success but...

mpotturi

Awesome. Thanks Jake. I am not getting my built-in ethernet also. It shows connected but cannot reach out to internet. I think I have Realtek USB GbE Family controller. Tried Realtek8111 kext but no joy. I will try your bootpack tonight and report back.

• Moderators

ok, you don't need to remove the nullethernet + ssdt, not sure they are still needed but it was to fix Apple services for system that don't have internal ethernet device.

So you really are talking about an external USB adapter. I have an USB-C ethernet adapter (Realtek) and it works just fine. You might want to check on your router settings. It picked up an IP, so I don't see why it won't connect to the internet.

According to your IOReg file, you also has an internal broadcom wifi, not sure why it's not showing in your screenshot.

actually that screen shot was taken when i did not have the broadcom card in the machine. My ethernet is also thru USB-C ethernet adapter. I tokk ioreg snapshot after i put the broadcom back in. You probably have 1820A or DW1560 card. mine is DW1820 like I said before.