E6400 sleep/standby is it possible?

CypressPearl

Hello everyone,

I would like to be able to get my E6400 to sleep and standby.

I was running 10.7.3 and all was working well, except sleep.

I installed 10.8 and thought that sleep was working, but it was not (just the screen would go blank).

So, this morning I was in the process of reinstalling Lion (10.7) and walked away at the initial install screen.

When I returned a few minutes later, the screen was black and the power button was softly pulsing; I clicked the mouse, the space bar, but nothing came up until I hit the power button -- this seems like the computer is capable of sleep.

So, is there a way to get the computer to sleep after a specific amount of time or when I shut the lid?

Any suggestions and/or comments are welcome.

Thank,

CP

BTW, I'd rather it work with Mountain Lion, but Lion would be cool too.

Hello everyone,

I would like to be able to get my E6400 to sleep and standby.

I was running 10.7.3 and all was working well, except sleep.

I installed 10.8 and thought that sleep was working, but it was not (just the screen would go blank).

So, this morning I was in the process of reinstalling Lion (10.7) and walked away at the initial install screen.

When I returned a few minutes later, the screen was black and the power button was softly pulsing; I clicked the mouse, the space bar, but nothing came up until I hit the power button -- this seems like the computer is capable of sleep.

So, is there a way to get the computer to sleep after a specific amount of time or when I shut the lid?

Any suggestions and/or comments are welcome.

Thank,

CP

BTW, I'd rather it work with Mountain Lion, but Lion would be cool too.

If you look under Energy preferences in System Preferences, you should see sliders that you can adjust the display sleep, and computer sleep time lengths with, both on Battery, and the AC Adapter.

If you look under Energy preferences in System Preferences, you should see sliders that you can adjust the display sleep, and computer sleep time lengths with, both on Battery, and the AC Adapter.

LOL, I know that.

My computer locks up and the screen stays dark after I try to resume/wake up my computer.

Looking for the exact commands to enable sleep.