Dell E7440: not booting after upgrading to Monterey

dctacsi

Unfortunately, I need some more help. The update went smoothly, but when the laptop tried to turn on while the system was loading, the status bar stopped at half load and did not continue. I suspect something is wrong with EFI, but since the system is not loading so I can't turn on text boot mode. Does anyone have any tips on what I'm going to ruin?

• Moderators

ok, that's what I have as well.

I have BluetoothInjector MaxKernel set to 20.9.9 so it won't load on Monterey on my OC 0.7.4 bootpack. You'll just need to enable BlueToolFixup.kext in the config file but BT is not quite working in Monterey at the moment anyway.

• Moderators

just disable it but in my bootpack it's set to only load for Big Sur and below so it won't affect Monterey

so it's up you if you want to delete it or disable it. if you delete it, make sure it's remove in the config file as well.

I just made the exchange. For now, everything is going the way you said, I no longer see Bluetooth under Big Sur.
Now I do a Clonezilla backup and then I try an update.
For now, do I understand that I don't have access to Bluetooth under Monterey?
(Thank you for your help so far!!!)

• Moderators

If you are still running BS, then enable bluetoothInjector. Just set the MaxKernel to 20.9.9 so it won't load on Monterey which causes hang.

And add BlueToolFixup.kext to load BT for Monterey, but set MinKernel to 21.0.0 so it'll only load for Monterey and up.

Even with BlueToolFixup.kext, BT may or may not work. Still in development.