E6430: problems installing big sur

mohammadyolo

i almost did everything even i made a stick for DOS, it goes through initiation proccess to preparing installing and then restarts but never flashes the bios file

i almost tried all versions available 

it is as it is for me

stuck at it

maybe need to take it to the repair guys

• Moderators

System is pretty old, not sure it's worth getting it fix. You mentioned system keep getting stuck on Dell Logo, it could be ram or system board issue.

If you're stuck on A07 and no other issue, then you could extract the DSDT/SSDT from that and I'll get that patch instead. You can do it from windows using the SSDTTime script from Dortania's site 

hi Jake

yep several days ago it kept on dell logo which i  gave it to the repairman to have it fixed.

now i wanted to update the bios since the efi you already sent me is needed a bios of a24.

if there’s a workround to have catalina installed on it, i would appreciate it

FYI, im a newbie on installing mac on laptop, if there’s any link or guidance on how to do DSDT/SSDT extraction, it would be cool then.

thank you dude

i’ll have a look nd see what to do

i’ll post the result here

but one thing, in case we got rid of memory panic with the patch you  are going to make and i do the DSDT extraction, would it be possible to use the final EFI to install big sur  as well!?

because in big sur i had mapping issue!!!!!!