[Solved] E5470: USB3.0 ports

jackel9

• Administrators

In all likelihood, it's a power related problem: the USB3.0 port(s) to which you hook your external disk do not draw sufficient power to the disk. If the disk's USB cable has a 2nd plug, plug it in; same if it has an external power supply. That would prove the power-related issue. You may then look into your USB3.0 ports injected properties in order to adjust them.

You've opted for one of those single SSDT to inject your ACPI patches; a particular member of this forum is very keen on this but it's not informative at all and it becomes quite unsuitable when it comes to troubleshooting; basically you just don't fully know what that kind of SSDT does because it ends up being a big bag of... <censored> stuff. I personally strongly discourage to follow that method. I think it's best to stick to individual and specific SSDTs that are simple to identify.

• Administrators

I'm pretty confident your issue derives from using that single unified SSDT which I believe to be incomplete. I would advise you gradually get rid of this SSDT and return to a more standard set of patched SSDTs. You'll then avoid such issues as that you currently encounter.

When it comes to USB ports power settings, your single SSDT contains the following code and nothing else:

Device (USBX)
        {
            [...]

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                [...]

Return (Package (0x08)
                {
                    "kUSBSleepPowerSupply", 
                    0x13EC, 
                    "kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit", 
                    0x0834, 
                    "kUSBWakePowerSupply", 
                    0x13EC, 
                    "kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit", 
                    0x0834
                })
            }

E5470 is Skylake, right? On my Skylake E7270, I also inject the attached standard XHC/USB3.0 patched SSDT which defines the following power settings:

"AAPL,current-available", 
                0x0834,                         
                "AAPL,current-extra", 
                0x0898,                         
                "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 
                0x0640,                         
                "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
                0x0834                         

Try and add that XHC patched SSDT to your setup.

SSDT_XHC.aml.zip

• Administrators

:blink: :o

I believe I said to add the SSDT-XHC table, not to replace your existing SSDT table with it. As a result, you've now screwed up your installation and won't be able to boot until you restore that original SSDT. Boot through your USB installer if you still have it.