Latitude E5530: Cannot get boot screen with OpenCore

lebuihoangson

Hi folks,

I have an E5530. Everything I need is a fully functional hackintosh for longtime user (airdrop, keyboard, trackpad, ports, webcam, facetime...), no matter what version. I tried Opencore with dortania guide but I can't get to the boot screen, everytime it show black screen or only Openshell option. Some people told me that my Dell can only boot via Clover but i have no idea about Clover. I tried this EFI Clover with i5 cpu on this link but it doesn't work with my Dell (i3).

My Dell Latitude E5530 non-vPro:

• CPU: i3-3110m
  • iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Chipset: Intel HM77
  • Monitor: LG Philips LP156WH4 (Dell 53H59) [15.6" LCD] 1366x768
  • Audio Adapter: IDT 92HD93BXX @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller
  • SSD: SATA samsung 750 EVO 128GB
  • Ram: 8GB
  • Wifi+bt: BCM94352HMB AW-CE123H (upgraded for airdrop)
  • Ethernet: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5761 PCI-E
  • Ports: 4xUSB, 1xHDMI, 1xEthernet, 1xSD card and 1x3.5 audio+mic
  • Bios version: A21

Attached is the Opencore EFI Big Sur folder I used and link the report AIDA64 for more information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cj2VlWxe8rZvHskQxk-nOVHSN-bdB1IC/view?usp=sharing

EFI.zip

Thanks for reading!

• Administrators

Do not listen to people who say Dell systems can only boot OS X/macOS with Clover. They booted the OS without issues with Chameleon, Enoch and continue do so with OpenCore or Clover of course. Your E5530 may be getting a little old bit it will boot and run Big Sur with OC without problem. I invite you to look at my OpenCore-based E6230 Big Sur guide available in the Guides section; I trust it'll re-assure you. Latitude E6x30 are 95% identical to your E5530 model.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The CPU power management SSDT has nothing to do with the verbose info displayed by OpenCore. It's a problem with your OC config list that does not meet the arrangements expected for the given version. Can happen if you use OCC too to build our config. I know it's a real pain in the a*se with OpenCore but you have to make sure your config is aligned with the requirements and the expectations of the OC version and some of those change from one version to the other according to the decisions made by the devs.