E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

To install, I found that the 10.8.1 pack was the only one that worked, (I assume that was my ML.dmg installer version). But as soon as I installed, I updated to 10.8.3 and installed the appropriate kexts for 10.8.3. I believe I also installed the 10.8.3 installer extra file with myHack.

To install, I found that the 10.8.1 pack was the only one that worked, (I assume that was my ML.dmg installer version). But as soon as I installed, I updated to 10.8.3 and installed the appropriate kexts for 10.8.3. I believe I also installed the 10.8.3 installer extra file with myHack.

Cool.  I'll check it out later. Here is an smbios.plist that should correctly identify your system. Just move your old smbios.plist somewhere safe and place the new one in /Extra. You'll have to enter your password and reboot to see the change take place. 

smbios.plist.zip

Have you tried our spdisplays_fix from EDP? It generates a couple of files, so SystemProfiler etc will recognize it as Color-LCD.

I'm not familiar with your issue, but at least you could try it. It is in the 'Fixes' section of EDP.

I did exactly what you said and the monitor is still the same... No HDCP... No Laptop LCD instead of Previous generation apple monitor in "About this Mac"/"More Info"...

Oops! I totally read your problem wrong! I thought you saw the monitor under "About my mac"! 

My bad.

I see the LCD display too under More info...

As far as HDCP goes, I have it on mine. Not sure what I changed/did to get it but I will look into it...

Thank you, I'm glad you just read my problem wrong and that there just isn't a fix for it :)

Anyway, I have a suggestion...

Multitouch Trackpad...

Is there a way to convince ML that the PS/2 Nub and Pad (which I'm not completely sure they are actually PS/2 but maybe USB)

that its not a mouse, but and actual trackpad? And shouldn't that fix multitouch scrolling/pinch zooming/two finger rotating...

Sorry I couldn't get back to you yesterday... Work caught up with me.

When I was first putting OSX on the 6410, the trackpad was actually recognized as a trackpad before I added any kexts. The problem was it didn't work at all... The nub didn't either, and when I added the other kexts to make it work, that was when it changed to be recognized as a mouse and became functional. I settled for functional, reason being that our touchpads are not synaptics touchpads, like most. Ours are alps touchpads, which don't have the greatest drivers to begin with and support for multi-touch under OSX.

I've got a couple questions for you regarding the HDCP problem: 1.) What exactly are you trying to play and using what player (itunes, quicktime, vlc, etc)? 2.) Are you using an external monitor with the laptop?

Hopefully I can help you a bit more based on your answers.