E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

• Moderators

is there anything I have to do to upgrade the RAM? I got it working with 2X 2GB for 4GB total.  I changed over to 1 8GB ddr 1333 and after I login it freezes even in safe mode.

casotv,

The maximum module capacity per slot is 4gb for this model.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e6410_setup%20guide_en-us.pdf

Managed to get the touchpad working, including two finger scrolling!

I installed V5 of this driver: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2545-new-touchpad-driver-for-e6520-alps/

Basically all I did is delete every single PS2 related kext I could find, including /S/L/E/ApplePS2Controller.kext, the same file in /Extras/Extensions, as well as a couple of VoodooPS2Controller, VoodooPS2Keyboard, and VoodooPS2Mouse.kexts, both in /Extras/Extensions, as well as buried under /S/L/E/myHack.kext/Contents/Plugins, also /Applications/myHack.app/Contents/Resources/Extra/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext  and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in the same location.

Then, once everything PS2-related has been removed, install the VoodooPS2Controller.kext found in the above link under the "Release" folder. Now, copy the VoodooPS2Daemon program to /usr/bin, Repair permissions and reboot. Your trackpad should now show up under the Trackpad prefs pane, where you can configure multi-finger scrolling, tap-to-click/drag, etc!

Note: You must delete *everything* PS2 related. At first I left behind one of the kexts under the myHack directory and it loaded that instead. The way I found everything is by first running /usr/libexec/locate.updatedb, then searched using the command "locate PS2"

Hey inedible,

After some use with the new driver, I was wondering if it is only me or you as well that has the following problem:

Every time I move the "nub" a little bit, wherever the cursor lands, it jumps to a spot an inch away about half a second after I stop moving it. Also, I cannot click and drag/select text using the "nub" to move the cursor and the touchpad left/right click buttons (the ones closest to you) to click and hold.

Patel4prez, yes I'm having that issue too. I don't use the nub though so it hasn't really bothered me too much. I was planning on trying to disable or unplug the nub.

I noticed something else, the two-finger scroll "bounces back" a few pixels at the end of your scrolling, but only if you "flick" it, not if you gently release it.. So, if you scroll all the way to the top of a document, it will scroll back down two to five pixels if you let go too fast. Normally this isn't annoying at all, but it makes zooming in on google maps really annoying.

Edit: Tested v7, still same problem.

Good to know it isn't just me! I'm going to toy around with it next week because I'm going to be playing with something else this week...

Screen Shot 2013-07-13 at 11.54.04 AM.png

MAVERICKS! Surprisingly, this install was WAY easier than the install for Mountain Lion. I hope to post a guide soon...

Good to know it isn't just me! I'm going to toy around with it next week because I'm going to be playing with something else this week...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-07-13 at 11.54.04 AM.png

MAVERICKS! Surprisingly, this install was WAY easier than the install for Mountain Lion. I hope to post a guide soon...

It isn't over yet - let's hope we can say the same when the retail version comes out.