E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Hmm. Odd. It does it on a fresh install. Could be my dvd drive I suppose. It might have been from a different model of dell.

Do you have an eject icon by your clock? If so, does it work?

I also just noticed the "Disc burning" section in system information sits there blank with a spinning wheel in the corner.

Interestingly, the drive works perfectly fine, and I've used it to burn several discs from Disk Utility.

I have an eject button that works. next to my clock. An odd thing that I've noticed is that the hardware eject button on the drive may not always work but the software button does.

My drive is the same one that came with the machine. It is TSSTcorp dvd+-rw ts-u633j (according to the system information utility)

I have an eject button that works. next to my clock. An odd thing that I've noticed is that the hardware eject button on the drive may not always work but the software button does.

My drive is the same one that came with the machine. It is TSSTcorp dvd+-rw ts-u633j (according to the system information utility)

Any chance you read the model number off the drive itself? There's one screw holding it in at the bottom, then if you push in the little plastic tab at the bottom right, you can simply slide the drive out. Mine is a model GU10N

that drive might need a newer firmware update. or needs to be re seated into the machine

Hmm, could be firmware I suppose. If it wasn't seated correctly I doubt I'd be able to actually use the drive to burn and read discs.

I'll have to figure out what model this is first though. Dell's site lists four possible drives for this model. Also sucks I'll have to install windows in order to apply the update :(

Hmm, nuts. It looks like this must be the drive that came with it. Funny that it's not in dell's firmware section.

I replaced it with a TS-U333 (DVD-ROM, not RW) that I had laying around, and it seems to have shut up now.

Edit: Though, the eject icon by the clock now says "No Drives". That's fine though, the button works.

PS: So, the last thing remaining is power management, speedstep, and sleep, which I guess are all the same problem.

Where did you get the DSDT.aml that you include in the zip? What modifications have been made to it?

As far as I can tell, it's not stock, and it's not this patch: http://olarila.com/Packs/Dell/Latitude%20E6410.txt

I tried removing NullCPUPowerManagement, and the system still boots fine, leading me to believe I'm now using unpatched native power management, but speedstep and sleep still don't work. Also, the battery icon is an X half the time I boot up now.

I've extracted the dsdt from the A14 bios ran fixes and applied the patch found from olarila.com, it boots fine with both. I'm also using my fixed dsdt in Windows without issues. Not noticing any difference between the one found in this thread and my own. Speedstep and sleep don't work properly for me too. Both CPU and GPU. I did rebrand my wireless card which is nice because it pretty much always works now.

I will test from generic sandy bridge i5 ssdt files and if those fail generate my own to try and get speedstep to work.

Hmm, nuts. It looks like this must be the drive that came with it. Funny that it's not in dell's firmware section.

I replaced it with a TS-U333 (DVD-ROM, not RW) that I had laying around, and it seems to have shut up now.

Edit: Though, the eject icon by the clock now says "No Drives". That's fine though, the button works.

PS: So, the last thing remaining is power management, speedstep, and sleep, which I guess are all the same problem.

Where did you get the DSDT.aml that you include in the zip? What modifications have been made to it?

As far as I can tell, it's not stock, and it's not this patch: http://olarila.com/Packs/Dell/Latitude%20E6410.txt

I tried removing NullCPUPowerManagement, and the system still boots fine, leading me to believe I'm now using unpatched native power management, but speedstep and sleep still don't work. Also, the battery icon is an X half the time I boot up now.

I believe that is the only patch I applied to the DSDT. No other changes were made by me.

Also, I too get the battery icon as an X at the login screen (sometimes) but when I log in, it displays the correct percentage remaining/charging.

Hi,

I just installed 10.8.4 without any major issues. The only problem I'm seeing is my video playback is very choppy. I have the Intel HD video card and removed the 2 kexts (AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext & AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext) per the guide.

The html5 version of youtube seems to work fine so I suspect my issue revolves around flash. I'm running the latest version per Adobe's site.

Any advice appreciated.

Also - is there some way to contribute centrally. I know separate entities have developed kext wizard, chameleon etc. etc. but this forum (and specifically this thread) is fantastic. I've setup hackintosh's in the past but never with as much ease :).