E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

...you need to use 6,2 version in smbios.plist in /Extra

Ahh, okay, missed that step. Now my dmesg log says things like:

GPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 1 from 0, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.

AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(2, 0): fHwPstate = 1 fFB = 0xffffff8012520800

AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 2. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...

AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 2 from 1, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.

Which seems good. I can't say for sure if it's actually running any cooler, but those are reassuring log entries.

Haha, yeah it is hard to know if anything is happening as long as HWMonitor doesn't show any clock speed changes. I'm also annoyed with Dell and their fan control. From time to time the fan doesn't stop, even when the system is cool enough. This happens under any OS. Rather than fixing this Dell has added a reset for the thermal/fan controls (Fn+Z). I'd much rather have them fix it in a bios and maybe even put the temperature trip points in the DSDT like others do such as HP. On those DTSDs you can actually change the temperatures/fan speeds. Oh well :D

Another thing you can try is to disable all the p/c-state generating being done by the bootloader. After doing that here I got a lot more speedsteps. Before it was either running at the lowest or highest speeds. Be sure to remove nullcpupowermanagement too.

• Administrators

Which version of FakeSMC + HWMonitor do you run? The latest appears safe to use: 5.2.755. Make sure to edit the FakeSMC plist to reflect the correct Mac model (or closest) and chose the corresponding SMBIOS plist as detailed in the performance tuning article.

Got my E6410 yesterday and followed the guide and I now have a 10.8.4 running very nicely.

I installed it on to an SSD and the performance is very impressive, only problem I ran into was iMessage not signing in and even with the latest chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) I had no luck.

I then decided to give the Clover boot loader fix a try -

http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/01/how-to-fix-imessage-login-problem-on.html

This worked but every time I booted without the USB iMessage would not log in again so I then installed Clover onto the SSD and reapplied the fix and problem solved!!!

Have to agree with jansenspencers earlier post about Clover being ugly though!

Thanks for all the hard work people.

Hey guys, I have a weird problem I haven't seen many people post about.

Have the e6410 w/ i5 and Nvidia gfx, and when I installed ML 10.8.3 my touchpad doesn't work.  The "analog" trackpad in the middle of the keyboard makes the mouse move but it is not accurate at all.  I did a myhack usb stick and used kext wizard to load the SLE extentions in the 10.8.3 zip from this post.  

I really hope I can get this thing working, what a beautiful laptop I know it's going to kick ass with ML on it.