E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

I've tried this method multiple times with the 10.8.4 installer .... I tried it using the e6410 ML folder with the installer, I tried using the e6410 10.8.4 ML folder, I deleted the proper kexts for intel graphics, nothing works.

I think you are not following it 100% based on this.

I didn't get my mouse working the first time because I forgot to install the proper Extra folder using myhack AFTER making the installer.  

Also be careful of when you install what 10.8.X kexts.  You don't touch the patch specific folder until after the install for the most part. 

Read it VERY carefully.

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestion Herve will try now.

Hi Everybody,

I am Benoit from France. Sorry to disturb you, but I have read a large part of this topic and couldn't find my answer.

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 with an Intel GMA High-Definition Graphics.

Some one knows if I can use it normally? If it's possible, where can I find the drivers for it?

Thank you for your help.

I seem to still have problems with the wifi that is originally on the dell 6410. I followed instructions but it does not seem to work is it that my internal wifi card might be diffrent? I probably need to order that wifi card exactly. Anyone have any Idea what I can do.

• Moderators

I seem to still have problems with the wifi that is originally on the dell 6410. I followed instructions but it does not seem to work is it that my internal wifi card might be diffrent? I probably need to order that wifi card exactly. Anyone have any Idea what I can do.

Dell usually comes with Intel Wireless card and it's not supported. From terminal run lspci -nn to see what you have.

You could check here for a list of supported cards.

• Like 1

Hi Everybody,

I am Benoit from France. Sorry to disturb you, but I have read a large part of this topic and couldn't find my answer.

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 with an Intel GMA High-Definition Graphics.

Some one knows if I can use it normally? If it's possible, where can I find the drivers for it?

Thank you for your help.

If you can check at the bottom of OP (first post - the guide), you will see at the bottom: TROUBLESHOOTING There is an area (with a link to a post) discussing Intel Graphics

@crew Thanks I ordered DELL Wireless 1395 Mini Card DW1395 4312BG . 

I saw it on the list hopefully this solves my wifi issue. Everything works except wifi and touchpad. Is there a fix for touchpad? also is there a way to have it boot of hard drive right now it is of cd. I have triple boot though ubuntu, windows, and 10.7.3 osx.

Does anyone Know how to get the trackpad to work? I was able to get the wifi and everything else to work, but I still can't figure it out. I have done allot of research before asking the question and tried a few things but I keep jacking up my hackintosh and end up having to re-do everything from scratch.

Sorry I realized these instructions are for 10.8 I have a working hackintosh 10.7.3 from nishant copy. I will go purchase mountain Lion 10.8 and try these steps and see if everything works like touchpad and appstore. 

I think you are not following it 100% based on this.

I didn't get my mouse working the first time because I forgot to install the proper Extra folder using myhack AFTER making the installer.  

Also be careful of when you install what 10.8.X kexts.  You don't touch the patch specific folder until after the install for the most part. 

Read it VERY carefully.

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestion Herve will try now.

Alright, so I'm attempting it once again but with the 10.8.5 installer. I feel like after attempting it six times I may have done it correctly at least once, but maybe you're right. The edits are a bit confusing, so some clarification would be appreciated. Of my knowledge I have followed the guide verbatim.

Patel says in his 10.8.4 edit "If you have downloaded the Mountain Lion installer on or between August 23, 2012 and September 18, 2012, please use the E6410 ML 10.8.4.zip (found below) with the guide". But he also says to follow coldsun's advice who states to not use the folder at all until you're at the end of USING the installer, not CREATING.

I did that 3x. I'd create the installer using the E6410 ML file (following step-by-step), drag E6410 ML & E6410 ML 10.8.4 over after it's done (in their own separate folders, not into Extra), and plug it in. I make sure AHCI is enabled, restart the pc into the USB, and watch in verbose. It would hang at Ethernet address and go nowhere.

I attempted creating the installer again and did the same but deleted AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext after realizing there was a different step for Intel graphics. 80% of the time it shows Ethernet address and hangs. 20% of the time it boots into the installer and trackpad/keyboard/usb mice don't work. I waited a while, didn't work after 20min. I put the voodoo kexts for trackpad in and tried again, got a KP.

I got frustrated and used the 10.8.4 folder to create the installer. No dice. I don't understand what the problem is. I have the same laptop as everyone else following the tutorial. Mine uses Intel graphics and I'm now starting from the 10.8.5 installer. What steps am I supposed to inject into the original step-by-step tut from Patel? Is there any other BIOS edit aside from AHCI that I have to do? Am I supposed to use the 10.8.4 AppleAHCIPort.kext & IOAHCIFamily.kext in the installer's Extra folder? I'm so lost T.T

Alright, so I'm attempting it once again but with the 10.8.5 installer. I feel like after attempting it six times I may have done it correctly at least once, but maybe you're right. The edits are a bit confusing, so some clarification would be appreciated. Of my knowledge I have followed the guide verbatim.

Patel says in his 10.8.4 edit "If you have downloaded the Mountain Lion installer on or between August 23, 2012 and September 18, 2012, please use the E6410 ML 10.8.4.zip (found below) with the guide". But he also says to follow coldsun's advice who states to not use the folder at all until you're at the end of USING the installer, not CREATING.

I did that 3x. I'd create the installer using the E6410 ML file (following step-by-step), drag E6410 ML & E6410 ML 10.8.4 over after it's done (in their own separate folders, not into Extra), and plug it in. I make sure AHCI is enabled, restart the pc into the USB, and watch in verbose. It would hang at Ethernet address and go nowhere.

I attempted creating the installer again and did the same but deleted AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext, AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext after realizing there was a different step for Intel graphics. 80% of the time it shows Ethernet address and hangs. 20% of the time it boots into the installer and trackpad/keyboard/usb mice don't work. I waited a while, didn't work after 20min. I put the voodoo kexts for trackpad in and tried again, got a KP.

I got frustrated and used the 10.8.4 folder to create the installer. No dice. I don't understand what the problem is. I have the same laptop as everyone else following the tutorial. Mine uses Intel graphics and I'm now starting from the 10.8.5 installer. What steps am I supposed to inject into the original step-by-step tut from Patel? Is there any other BIOS edit aside from AHCI that I have to do? Am I supposed to use the 10.8.4 AppleAHCIPort.kext & IOAHCIFamily.kext in the installer's Extra folder? I'm so lost T.T

Hello bnplz,

Sorry for not being completely clear on the guide...

It definitely gets confusing with the edits, which is why I tried to link to coldsun's post in Step 39. This and the latest "Edit" that applies to you, which is 6/4/2013, is the only part that gets added to the tutorial.

As for the BIOS options, AHCI should be the only option that needs to be set.

Basically, if you're using the 10.8.5 installer, you should be able to follow the guide as if installing 10.8.4.