E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

How about looking at your ATA controller id through lspci -nn command, then check the IOATAFamily kext for a potential patch?

Is that something I need to do from Single User mode or do I type that in as a boot flag and hope to catch it as it flies past in the startup log? How would I patch once I find it? I hate to sound like a newb, especially since I've been OSx86 for 5yrs, but this particular build was supposed to be much simpler than this and I'm in that foggy lost mindset.

You may have a bad hard drive.  

I would DFT it using HBCD just to be safe, definitely a shot in the dark, but you're descriptions don't match up to the common hackintosh problems I see.  (More to the dead hard drive problems I see at work :P)

The hard drive is fine, if I restart and don't tell it to boot USB it loads up Windows 7 from the HDD without a hitch and I can use my production software with no bugs.

I don't want you to resort to distros either :( <br /><br />What takes the longest to load during boot (you can check it in verbose mode)<br />

It shows a bunch of messages about failed Broadcom but those pass in a flash, it winds up taking the longest at the end when it says Bluetooth is loaded, then tells me the Ethernet address, then just sits there for 25min before the welcome screen pops up and I can't move the mouse. 20min after that the screen turns white as it tries to sleep but cant, I click a button and the mouse works. I go to format disk, it shows no disk but the USB drive. I feel like the kexts aren't playing nice with my laptop for some reason...

• Administrators

Is that something I need to do from Single User mode or do I type that in as a boot flag and hope to catch it as it flies past in the startup log? How would I patch once I find it? I hate to sound like a newb, especially since I've been OSx86 for 5yrs, but this particular build was supposed to be much simpler than this and I'm in that foggy lost mindset.

Make sure you have the lspcidrv kext in /E/E when you boot your installer, then once at installer screen, go to Utilities to open a Terminal window and type lspci -nn. That'll list your hardware specs as detected by the OS.

Did you try to boot with the well-known patched IOATAFamily kext at all?

I would also disable Bluetooth in BIOS if possible; that was known to cause keyboard/mouse issue with Lion which was looking for BT devices and ignoring built-in keyboard when BT was on. You never know...

I'm gonna interject one more time and encourage you to DFT your hard drive.  It really can't hurt, will take time, but wont hurt.  Windows seems to behave well with bad drives until you are passed the point of no return. 

I agree with BigBudz here...

On some Hackintoshes I've built, the installer wouldn't even boot until I either ran a "chkdisk" on the Windows side, swap in a new new drive or just completely formatted the existing drive so Windows no longer existed!

Whichever route you go, I would also suggest you make a backup. It can't hurt, even if nothing goes wrong.

I've tried this method multiple times with the 10.8.4 installer on my E6410 with Intel HD graphics. Every time I attempt it and I actually manage to get to the language screen of the installer (50% of the time it never gets there, just ends on Ethernet and sits there) my keyboard and mouse are non-responsive and I can't use any usb mice either. I tried it using the e6410 ML folder with the installer, I tried using the e6410 10.8.4 ML folder, I deleted the proper kexts for intel graphics, nothing works. I even tried using the voodoo keyboard kexts at the bottom of the tutorial, but I got an immediate KP. Why cant I use my trackpad/keyboard when it starts the installer? :( I read many pages of comments to this thread and found nothing similar to my issue (if there's a search within thread function please point it out, cuz I cant see one and it's sooo useful in a forum)

I've tried this method multiple times with the 10.8.4 installer on my E6410 with Intel HD graphics. Every time I attempt it and I actually manage to get to the language screen of the installer (50% of the time it never gets there, just ends on Ethernet and sits there) my keyboard and mouse are non-responsive and I can't use any usb mice either. I tried it using the e6410 ML folder with the installer, I tried using the e6410 10.8.4 ML folder, I deleted the proper kexts for intel graphics, nothing works. I even tried using the voodoo keyboard kexts at the bottom of the tutorial, but I got an immediate KP. Why cant I use my trackpad/keyboard when it starts the installer? :( I read many pages of comments to this thread and found nothing similar to my issue (if there's a search within thread function please point it out, cuz I cant see one and it's sooo useful in a forum)

I faced similar problem  and identified issue is related to wifi. During Installation and later on every start  keyboard and mouse works after approx 7-10 minutes. After removing all wifi related kext things were normal ( except wifi not working which has been the case since my first attempt of installation and still no success.

Immediately after Installation removed the AppleIntel HD and FB.. kext as mentioned some where in  one of the post 

• Moderators

I need help with mine tried to install it so many times 10.8.3 and the install was good and when I boot to the apple logo it justs keep spinning and no hdd activity

Do you have the Nvidia or Intel display?

Try booting with -v switch so you could see where it hangs.