E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

I have 10.8.5 working with these instructions is there a way though to speed up the shutdown process and restart? I sometimes have to hold the power button 15 secs to shut it down.

Unfortunately, at the moment, there is nothing that I know about that will speed up the shutdown/restart process; even on an actual Mac it's quite lengthy!

As for the power button issue, I am confident that if/when we figure out how to get Sleep working, this should be solved too.

10.8.5 working great so far on my laptop.  I believe my boot times are even faster than 10.8.3.  I reluctantly updated after I saw 10.8.3 was no longer given access to appstore.  Unfortunately for me, I had not installed Xcode before 10.8.5 was released QQ.

Small issues;

Install hangs with "bluetooth setup assistant"  -- Easy just disable bt from bios, and toggle wifi switch off during install.

Post install I did have to update to the 10.8.4 S/L/E folder because I was doing the combo update from 10.8.3.  Also Wifi did not work as expected, so I had to replace the airportd file.

Also a warning to those with 10.8.3, if you decide to update, you will need to update the 10.8.4 kexts, specifically IOFamily & AHCIPort, from outside of OSX.  The combo update has a built in reboot step you cannot fix or do anything about as far as I know.  So do not upgrade if you do not feel comfortable in single user mode or have a windows partition with MacDrive (awesome software). 

If you don't feel comfortable in Single User mode yet, start practicing, you're going to want 10.8.5 eventually :D

Finally able to get almost everything working. I am able to boot up fast by disabling items in bios not needed. Only thing I cannot fix is Imessage not able to login and notification center freezing pc when I click on the icon top right bar. Not worried to much about notification, but if anyone has any ideas how to fix imessage. I did try a couple of things I found online, but it ends up causing the osx not to boot.  Also I would like to thank everyone that has help me get hackintosh up annd running. This is a great forum, thanks again!

Finally able to get almost everything working. I am able to boot up fast by disabling items in bios not needed. Only thing I cannot fix is Imessage not able to login and notification center freezing pc when I click on the icon top right bar. Not worried to much about notification, but if anyone has any ideas how to fix imessage. I did try a couple of things I found online, but it ends up causing the osx not to boot.  Also I would like to thank everyone that has help me get hackintosh up annd running. This is a great forum, thanks again!

Did you try updating to chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 2.1.1?

10.8.5 working great so far on my laptop.  I believe my boot times are even faster than 10.8.3.  I reluctantly updated after I saw 10.8.3 was no longer given access to appstore.  Unfortunately for me, I had not installed Xcode before 10.8.5 was released QQ.

Small issues;

Install hangs with "bluetooth setup assistant"  -- Easy just disable bt from bios, and toggle wifi switch off during install.

Post install I did have to update to the 10.8.4 S/L/E folder because I was doing the combo update from 10.8.3.  Also Wifi did not work as expected, so I had to replace the airportd file.

Also a warning to those with 10.8.3, if you decide to update, you will need to update the 10.8.4 kexts, specifically IOFamily & AHCIPort, from outside of OSX.  The combo update has a built in reboot step you cannot fix or do anything about as far as I know.  So do not upgrade if you do not feel comfortable in single user mode or have a windows partition with MacDrive (awesome software). 

If you don't feel comfortable in Single User mode yet, start practicing, you're going to want 10.8.5 eventually :D

If by built on reboot step you mean the restart button at the end of the install, the easiest way around that is just not to click out until you've replaced all the kexts!

One issue I did notice with this, however, is that on some machines, after the installation completes, the machine gets insanely slow, so if you open the finder windows prior to installing the combo update, you can shave of a few minutes of the install :-) .