E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

@patel4perez I tried, but the system did not want to boot. I am not sure if I am doing it right. Does chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 2.1.1 go on the main mac drive or the boot drive. I have a separate boot partition for my hackintosh. I couldn't figure how to get it to boot off the main hd so that’s why I did it that way. Also the "Extra" folder is in the boot partition not on the main drive. Do I need to copy and move the "Extra" folder to the main drive?

one last thing Is it posible to get the display port to work or vga port in order to add a second montior?

Heya Patel. I wound up getting Niresh 10.8.2 just to see if it would boot. I got it installed with minimal additives in the hopes that I could boot in, remove the extra crap, and plug in the kext folder you have so it runs as clean as possible. It goes smoothly in verbose, hits the swapon, then goes to a black screen while the HDD activity light blinks away.

I'm almost certain its booting perfectly and showing the welcome screen, but wont show. Are there any bootflags you'd recommend to make video work? Or a method to transfer the files and delete Disabler and other kexts from single user? There were video options within Niresh, but I was unsure which to choose as I'm not even sure which Intel GMA is in this thing. There were 10 different injection options for each Intel 3000 and Intel 4000 and confusing instructions to use different Mac profiles and graphics enabler in conjunction with them so I just installed without any injections.

Heya Patel. I wound up getting Niresh 10.8.2 just to see if it would boot. I got it installed with minimal additives in the hopes that I could boot in, remove the extra crap, and plug in the kext folder you have so it runs as clean as possible. It goes smoothly in verbose, hits the swapon, then goes to a black screen while the HDD activity light blinks away.

I'm almost certain its booting perfectly and showing the welcome screen, but wont show. Are there any bootflags you'd recommend to make video work? Or a method to transfer the files and delete Disabler and other kexts from single user? There were video options within Niresh, but I was unsure which to choose as I'm not even sure which Intel GMA is in this thing. There were 10 different injection options for each Intel 3000 and Intel 4000 and confusing instructions to use different Mac profiles and graphics enabler in conjunction with them so I just installed without any injections.

Try removing the two Apple Intel Kexts (I'd totally get the names, but I'm strapped for time; Sorry! They're mentioned in a few places. Check the first post and do a quick search)...

Try removing the two Apple Intel Kexts (I'd totally get the names, but I'm strapped for time; Sorry! They're mentioned in a few places. Check the first post and do a quick search)...

I wound up using the Niresh disk to boot iFail and installed with Intel 3000 selected, everything looks amazing at 1440 x 900. Doesn't recognize ethernet, wifi, or sleep yet, working on all 3. Most will be helped by your kexts. Did we ever come up with a fix for sleep?

Thought I posted, but it looks like it is nowhere to be found!

Total newbie here, just to admit that up front.

I cannot get through the installer.

E6410, 2.4Gh i5, Nvidia, 10.8.5 that I bought from the App store three days ago.

If I build my installer just using the E6410ML folder, no hard drive appears, so cannot start the installer (bios *IS* set to AHCI).  If I build using only the 10.8.4 zip, I see the hard drive, can partition it & start the installer, but the installation never finishes.  I tried installing the two kexts from the 10.8.4 AppleAHCIPort & IOAHCIFamily Kexts.zip file, but I guess I did it wrong, as the same failure.

I assume there is some basic step I am missing...  any ideas?

Hi Folks,

I'm having a very similar problem to that described by bnplz. I get to the installer no problem, but when I fire up disk utility I only see my thumb drive. I've followed all the advice here; reseating thumb drive, DFT'ing, lspci -nn (just returns the error 'Illegal Instruction: 4'(its definitely in E/E)) and patching IOATAFamily.kext (neither the ML or L (read some reports of it working with ML) were successful, in either S/L/E or E/E), but nothing seems to work. I have noticed that the CD drive is also not showing up, but that other USB drives do appear when I plug them in. Thought this might be something to do with the patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext (based on some discussion of this problem occuring with 10.9 installs), so I switched back to the default one, but again no luck.

I've kind of run out of ideas. Can anyone help?

Thought I posted, but it looks like it is nowhere to be found!

Total newbie here, just to admit that up front.

I cannot get through the installer.

E6410, 2.4Gh i5, Nvidia, 10.8.5 that I bought from the App store three days ago.

If I build my installer just using the E6410ML folder, no hard drive appears, so cannot start the installer (bios *IS* set to AHCI).  If I build using only the 10.8.4 zip, I see the hard drive, can partition it & start the installer, but the installation never finishes.  I tried installing the two kexts from the 10.8.4 AppleAHCIPort & IOAHCIFamily Kexts.zip file, but I guess I did it wrong, as the same failure.

I assume there is some basic step I am missing...  any ideas?

What do you mean by "it never finishes"? Does it end with an error (Installation failed)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-E6410-W7-14-1-LED-Intel-i5-520M-Dual-Core-2-4GHz-4GB-250GB-DVD-RW-/360768628672

If you guys are interested, now is your time to buy.  Get a NICE hacbook for 300$

It might be me, but this machine looks a lot different than my 6410...

Look at the SD Card reader placement, and the VGA port on the right-hand side...also, the volume buttons are to the right of the keyboard.

Maybe the pictures are just inacurate?