E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Hi people, I'm new at this and after 2 days trying to build the usb intaller with a 10.8.5v of installESD.dgm (following all the steps in this guide) I have one main trouble

Its just that the installer desnt recognize any of my hard drives. Disk utility only shows my usb drive but not the hard drives (i have a second hdd with an adapter in the cd bay and tried with and without this second HDD, same trouble)

The thing is that both HDDs work fine (I've installed mavericks in one of them and works fine, but I need graphics acceleration for video editing and 10.9.4 doesnt support it on Intel HD Graphics)

Thank you for this guide, I really need somithing that runs OSX and allows me to run Final Cut Pro 7.

I almost sell my e6410 to get a new hackintosh, until I found this forum.

(sorry if my english isnt good, its not my native language)

My system is an E6410/Core-i5 m520/intel HD graphics/8Gb ram/A12 bios (bios settings just like the guide says it should be)

• Moderators

@BrainbrakerARG, sorry to have to break this to you, but you won't be able to get full graphics acceleration on this system with only HD graphics. You'll get partial CI, but not QE. 

Following patel4prez advice above should resolve your drive issue. If not, then try setting your bios to the default, apply and then set SATA Operations to AHCI.

@BrainbrakerARG, sorry to have to break this to you, but you won't be able to get full graphics acceleration on this system with only HD graphics. You'll get partial CI, but not QE. 

Following patel4prez advice above should resolve your drive issue. If not, then try setting your bios to the default, apply and then set SATA Operations to AHCI.

Hi, ive did what patel4prez says and it still doesnt work. Anyway, if you confirm that i wont be able to get QE I will have to find another way to run OSX (not in e6410 until changing MBoard for a new one with nvidia graphics).

Thank you for helping all users (also the new ones), and congrats for the work you do here!

Hello,

All I can say is, thanks a million, your guide was quite helpful ! I just had to 'tweak' a little my OS with Hervé's hints about that silly App Store glitch (allowing me to have Xcode installed).

Haven't tried the WWAN card yet, will do.. some day. I fixed that dvd player issue as well, maybe I should post it here, but I'm not sure if it is relevant or not. Let me know if so. I just hope I am able to give the right credits as I don't exactly remember where I got the info.

Thanks a million everyone at OSXLatitude, you guys are great  :-P

My E6410 is fully operational, including the front SDCard reader !

Specs : E6410 / NVidia GPU full res and QE/CI / WWAN Dell 5540 / WLAN Dell DW1510 / Mavericks 10.9.5

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that I just finished installing ML 10.8 on my old Dell Latitude E6510 (early 2011) and have got almost everything working. All this is new to me so I very much liked the detailed steps in this tutorial.

I therefore take this opportunity to thank the poster and confirm it does work with the E6510 ( see attached pictures for the specs I have) - Bios A07. My thanks also to all who have contributed and put the programs together.

One suggestion I have to make : would be nice to add a step to disable power saving, screen saver for the HDD and display, during the installation process.

Just wanted to enquire about a few more things to finish this off and have a completely working Hackinstosh:

• Did anyonce notice that the webcam seems to have a lower resolution than in Windows 7 or is me being paranoid ?
  • Any progress on the SD Card Reader and the sleep functions?
  • Can the poster share the link of the wifi card he has succesfully used? ie Dell 1510/Broadcom 4322? An ebay link would be ideal as I'd like to order one asap.
  • Finally, there is a reference to an updated6410ML.zip archive but I am unable to find it. Any chance we could have the file/link reposted so the kexts for the wifi are made available?

My next step is dual boot windows 7. Will let you know the outcome. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks again

Keep up the good work.

Kind Regards

post-68310-0-07704500-1416234608_thumb.jpg

post-68310-0-04205000-1416234785_thumb.jpg

post-68310-0-70031300-1416234964_thumb.jpg

post-68310-0-65320300-1416235079_thumb.jpg