E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

So I follow the guide to the very end, then perform these steps? Thanks.

Follow the "Creating the Installer" section completely (but remember to use the E6410 ML 10.8.1.zip if you downloaded the Mountain Lion installer after August 23, 2012; not the E6410 ML.zip), and then follow the instructions in my last post when finished following just that section.

Good luck!

Hey Patel, 1st thanx for working on this laptop for mountain lion. Just ran across this now as i wish to install moutain on this bad boy. The E6410 I feel is a great machine to run OS X on outside the minor change or changes...(wifi, video..not for me though i have NVM3100 B) ). Don't got a webcam though :huh: ..funny how Dell makes these models in so many revisions. Anyway, I'm about to try out your install for Mountain Lion on the E6410 right now and I will post back and let you know my results.

From what I've read thus far though, great guide.

(just gotta find a spare jump drive. Its one around here somewhere)

Hey Patel, 1st thanx for working on this laptop for mountain lion. Just ran across this now as i wish to install moutain on this bad boy. The E6410 I feel is a great machine to run OS X on outside the minor change or changes...(wifi, video..not for me though i have NVM3100 B) ). Don't got a webcam though :huh: ..funny how Dell makes these models in so many revisions. Anyway, I'm about to try out your install for Mountain Lion on the E6410 right now and I will post back and let you know my results.

From what I've read thus far though, great guide.

(just gotta find a spare jump drive. Its one around here somewhere)

Good luck! I hope all goes well!

I would love to know how it goes!

Thanks!

Now this is what im talkin about :D . Curretly running 10.8. haven't updated to 10.8.1 just yet....to busy admiring the install. I had trouble installing mountain lion using the unifail method over there at tonycrap but every time i get ready to begin the installation, the laptop would just reboot by itself. I had a semi-altered install though what you have is what i needed for mountain lion to even boot up for install.

So what i did was start your guide after creating the 8gb install with my already existing unifail moutain lion installer drive. Followed everything to a T after words and I'm fully up and running. This is great for me and you are the man!!! Only thing i had to do was manually add the extra folder to my Macintosh HD drive.

As someone who dabbles with installs myself, I'm wondering what was it with your files and kexts that allowed moutain lion to boot up as unifail didn't. My next step is to try using the multifail with your patched dsdt and kexts to see how that install works as well. Will let you know my results.

Thanks again for my Mountain Lion HackBook Pro E6410

Congratulations! That's really great news!

To answer your unifail question, I am not entirely sure why it doesn't work, but I do know it is the way that myHack creates the USB installer. It seems to use a custom version of chameleon (the bootloader) and adds all kexts S/L/E by creating a myhack.kext and taking the ones from /Extra and adding them plugins to that specific kext.

I am sure there is much more at play there but I just don't know what. All I can say is that Conti is amazing :-)