E6410 with nVidia NVS 3100M graphics - Mountain Lion Guide

v3ct0r

Hey, I have the exact same issue as jansenspencer. Followed the guide to a T multiple times, and each time I end up with the same exact error as him. My Mountain Lion was downloaded 11/1 and I used the 10.8.2 ZIP. I tried moving the AppleIntelHD kexts as you suggested and still the same problem- install fails with about 4 minutes remaining.

Anything else I might try? Thanks!

Hey malayvanti,

Do you get to select the kexts to remove before the installation fails? Or does it fail before that?

Hey Fellow Hackintosher's,

First, Thank You!!! Excellent work and I know this stuff is not easy to create and implement. I have successfully set up my E6510 with Intel HD on Mountain Lion 8.2. Much obliged to you all for this great guide!! Just have to get a different wireless card for wifi. 

Happy Holidays to you all!!

Hey Fellow Hackintosher's,

First, Thank You!!! Excellent work and I know this stuff is not easy to create and implement. I have successfully set up my E6510 with Intel HD on Mountain Lion 8.2. Much obliged to you all for this great guide!! Just have to get a different wireless card for wifi. 

Happy Holidays to you all!!

Great news! I'm glad it worked for you! 

Happy holidays to you too!

Hello !

Absolutely brilliant work, many thanks.

Using the guide I have successfully set up my E6410 with ML 10.8 for the first time (small problem with USB, it had to be formatted first with HFS, not NTFS). Next step will be update to 10.8.2, but I am little afraid troubles and I want to enjoy working system.

Anyway, I have similar issue as mulcal2 - everything works except wifi. Installing Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext in /Extra/Extensions not helping. My E6410 probably have some Intel card (Dell Wifi in specs).

Can you recommend a cheap USB-wifi device to buy that will run natively (without a great fun with kext's :D )?

Or maybe someone have similar Dell with "Dell wifi card" and found a solution ?

Best regards and Happy Holidays to all!

An internal wireless card for the 6410 is relatively cheap.

I found this one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Broadcom-Wireless-Internet-Adapter-Netbooks/dp/B002OB0FPI

I had in mind something more like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Panda-150Mbps-Wireless-N-2-4GHz-Adapter/dp/B003283M6Q/ref=pd_cp_pc_0

In the meantime I installed on the second partition windows 8 and it turned out that wifi card in my dell E6410 is: intel centrino advanced-n 6205 agn.

Any chance of running this device under OS X?

Thanks and regards.

The Intel wireless card really has no chance of working. Most intel cards don't work under OS X.

The card you found from amazon may work. I think something like this would serve you better:

http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-Wireless-Adapter-Wizard/dp/B005CLMJLU/ref=pd_cp_e_1

If you plan on keeping it plugged in when using the internet (which, depending on how you use it, could be for the life of the laptop), it will be less susceptible to damage and easier to use with the laptop.

First, thanks for the guide. For weeks I've fought ml and lion (above 10.7.2) to work properly. My main issue, the screen shuts off just after "pci configuration begin". the last time i tried this, i asked on tonycrapx86 and they told me i needed a "dual link patch". i tried to follow their "tutorial" on how to use this patch, but none of the variables they wanted me to find were in my dsdt. So i gave up until I found this guide. I actually got to see the installer this time, however now that it is installed and ready to go, it will not stop turning the screen off. I've tried both dsdt's I've found in this post, as well as setting my graphics mode to 1280x800x32 (as that's my native res) and the screen still shuts off. I remember when i installed snow leo that it required me to use NVEnabler and not Graphics Enabler, but i haven't seen either work with ml.

System Specs:

Dell Latitude E6410

Intel Core i5 560m @ 2.67ghz

NVIDIA® NVS 3100M (512MB gDDR3)

14.1" WXGA Anti-Glare LED Display (1280x800)

8gb ddr3 ram (2x4gb)

320gb WD Scorpio Blue hdd (mountain lion)

160gb WD Scorpio Blue hdd (modular bay, snow leopard 10.6.8)

Broadcom BCM4311KFBG (addon card from old laptop in wwan card slot)

Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6200

Dell Wireless 3755 Bluetooth® 3.0

First, thanks for the guide. For weeks I've fought ml and lion (above 10.7.2) to work properly. My main issue, the screen shuts off just after "pci configuration begin". the last time i tried this, i asked on tonycrapx86 and they told me i needed a "dual link patch". i tried to follow their "tutorial" on how to use this patch, but none of the variables they wanted me to find were in my dsdt. So i gave up until I found this guide. I actually got to see the installer this time, however now that it is installed and ready to go, it will not stop turning the screen off. I've tried both dsdt's I've found in this post, as well as setting my graphics mode to 1280x800x32 (as that's my native res) and the screen still shuts off. I remember when i installed snow leo that it required me to use NVEnabler and not Graphics Enabler, but i haven't seen either work with ml.

System Specs:

Dell Latitude E6410

Intel Core i5 560m @ 2.67ghz

NVIDIA® NVS 3100M (512MB gDDR3)

14.1" WXGA Anti-Glare LED Display (1280x800)

8gb ddr3 ram (2x4gb)

320gb WD Scorpio Blue hdd (mountain lion)

160gb WD Scorpio Blue hdd (modular bay, snow leopard 10.6.8)

Broadcom BCM4311KFBG (addon card from old laptop in wwan card slot)

Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6200

Dell Wireless 3755 Bluetooth® 3.0

Hey Dj Lyriz,

To be honest, I'm not sure what would cause the machine to turn off. Are you sure it turns off and not just the screen that goes blank?

As far as I know, none of the enablers or injectors work with Mountain Lion...