E7450: Monterey with OC

viking1304

Since a lot of things have changed in last few years, I had to read a lot in order to catch up. Installation wasn't difficult, thanks to @Jake Lo. Almost everything works fine, but I have to ask a few questions.

1. What exactly is in SSDT-E7450.aml? I will decompile it for sure when I find some time, but quick info would be appreciated.

2. Do I need to change anything related to ACPI, since I am on latest (A24) BIOS?

3. What is the best way to disable NVidia GeForce 840M with OC? I guess DeviceProperties method.

• Administrators

1. What SSDT-7450.aml? Maybe a single table where the patches of all the usual OC SSDT tables (EC, CPU PM, USB, PNLF, etc) are unified.

2. Not when you use add-on SSDTs only rather than a patched DSDT

3. an add-on SSDT made to that effect.

@Hervé I was talking about SSDT-7450.aml from E7450 OC 0.7.5 that Jake posted. Most important thing is that installation went fine and that macOS works. I was just curious what he actually put inside. Since I wasn't here for a last few years I forgot some things. Thank you very much for reming me. Everything is clear now.

@Jake Lo I already tried DP method and it works fine. I will also try this method soon. Thank you very much . Not just for this answer, but also for the OC package and config. 

The only real issue that I have is that trackpad is little hectic, but that is not related to your package or config. I will submit an issue report as soon as I figure out how to find ALPS HW version.