No wifi with Dell wireless card

mcmellenhead

• Administrators

-> Moved to Wifi hardware support given that this matter relates to a wireless card more than the laptop it's fitted in.

Please identify your hardware if you want further assistance. "Dell wifi" means absolutely nothing. You may open up your laptop's case and look at the label glued on the card or look in IOReg for your card's PCI id. Once you've done that, consult our published inventories to verify likely compatibility.

This being said, you state that the card works in Monterey with itlwm so it has to be be an Intel card. If it Is so, bear in mind that the OpenIntelWireless tools remain at a development stage with limited support and limited performance. Please note that the behaviour pattern you described is also indicative of a potential forthcoming hardware failure (happened to me recently).

apologies... I'm working on another latitude that DOES have a dell wifi card. This e5550 has the intel card.

@HervéThanks for sticking me in the right spot. This is indeed intel wifi. I'll pull the back off and verify, but I believe this unit has the 8260 Intel wifi card. I was afraid that it was trying to die on me... Just wanted to know if anyone else had seen the issues that I have been. I know Broadcom cards are the way to go, so It's probably time to invest in one of those.