Mariusz

Vanilla DSDT Collection

Hello everybody,

thank you all for your contributions, hints and suggestions - it made my "project" easy (well, that's relative, but certainly made it easier): Getting vanilla OS X 10.6 loaded on my Dell Latitude D630 (Nvidia) with A17 BIOS and Chameleon 2.0 RC5!

I am now (finally) at 10.6.6 AND have all important things working:

USB - don't use the USBBusFIx any longer, it's fixed via DSDT

Sound - I'm using Soundflower, as recommended somewhere on this website

SpeedStep - CoolBookController works like a charm.

NVidia m130 - followed the instructions in this forum

x64 - that works too, my OS X is running in 64 bit mode.

Sleep/Lid Close - works (Updated DSDT)

Restart - works OOB

Full Shutdown - including power-off works (Updated DSDT)

I pretty much followed all the instructions here, but I did change my WiFi card to one that's supported by vanilla OS X 10.6.

Over at InsanelyMac I found a DSDT that made my ethernet really fly in x64 mode. That's also where I got a really good DSDT.aml file that enabled sleep, reacts correctly to lid close and open (goes to sleep and wakes up the way you want it to) and enables the shutdown to actually complete the process, including powering off the D630 (something I struggled with quite a bit).

I wish I could give that person credit, but for whatever reason I can't find that post any longer (it was something like "... make your 32/64 bit driver for Broadcom 5701 fly..."

Well, I'll keep looking, when I find it again I'll post it here - it really helped me a LOT!

Anyhow, one of the last things that bothered me though was that above (great!) DSDT disabled my two USB ports on the side, which is really bothersome since they're so convenient to plug in a thumbdrive or something. After searching and trying (and re-ghosting - Clonezilla is a true friend) I finally found the solution: It was the interrupts within the HPET device: More of those had to be blocked, after that it worked like a charm.

Anyway, enclosed please find above person's updated DSDT.aml file I'm now using, which makes ALL USB ports working!

Currently the last topic that bothers me with my hackintosh is the external video: that just doesn't work at all - not sure yet why. It works in the beginning right after loading Chameleon, but once it initializes the graphics it ends up in lala-land.

Cheers.

D630.Nvidia.A17.dsdt.aml.zip

[...]

Over at InsanelyMac I found a DSDT that made my ethernet really fly in x64 mode. That's also where I got a really good DSDT.aml file that enabled sleep, reacts correctly to lid close and open (goes to sleep and wakes up the way you want it to) and enables the shutdown to actually complete the process, including powering off the D630 (something I struggled with quite a bit).

I wish I could give that person credit, but for whatever reason I can't find that post any longer (it was something like "... make your 32/64 bit driver for Broadcom 5701 fly..."

Well, I'll keep looking, when I find it again I'll post it here - it really helped me a LOT!

[...]

Well, I found the original DSDT post over at InsanleyMac: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t242839.html

Interestingly, the DSDT.aml download link is gone now. Oh well.

Cheers.