ALPS Touchpad driver with VoodooInput

skyrilhd

I tried something for the trackstick. But I doubt it works. Logs would be appreciated.

VoodooPS2Controller-1.0.5-DEBUG (Trackstick V8).zip

2 finger detection is fine but not 3 fingers or more while using fingermgmt.app

Is it like jumping?

After sleep / Wake, touchpad stopped responding

I am currently trying to debug this but for some reason, I cannot find the culprit. 

When using an USB mouse, the tracking and scrolling work but left mouse doesn't work so a restart is needed to work again.

I definitely need a log of this.

About the scroll speed, after following forte500's way the problem is solved. After trying the above version, I noticed the trackstick worked however it was reversed vertically, for example if I wanted to move the mouse up, I would have to adjust the trackstick to the bottom

@skyrilhd I tried both versions above, it fixed the error when the device went to sleep for a short time. However, I think it takes time to monitor when the device sleeps for a longer period of time. Up to now, what you have done is amazing

Edit: Hey, I just noticed a new bug that after I try to take a screenshot a few times (I haven't figured out how to reproduce the error correctly, sometimes it happens but sometimes it doesn't), the touchpad can only move horizontally but not vertically. Besides, the screenshot key combination (Command Shift 3) no longer works but instead it returns me a character (F with Command Shift 3 and H with Command Shift 4). Another small issue is about the smoothness of the gestures, I found it still a bit choppy when using them.

Sounds very strange to me. Trackpad is not involved to a keyboard shortcut. I also tried reproducing this error, but I did not encounter any issue. Check your keyboard settings, maybe try resetting it as well. I am using stock settings (no changes to any setting).

Can you elaborate on "choppy gestures"? On v7, I have this strange jump with 3 fingers+, but I also booted into a Linux Live USB to check if it was an issue with Linux or if something is wrong with VoodooInput. But I encountered the same issue on Linux as well, so I did not bother to fix it, as it works perfectly on daily bases. I could be the same case for v8 touchpads.

This is the shortcut setting that I am using and it is also the default setting. Can you use these shortcuts?

512042874_ScreenShot2022-01-04at11_23_04.png.2670e37bdb58aff4792f4ce549650899.png

Regarding the problem I mentioned above, I will report back when I find a way to reproduce it properly.

About "choppy gestures", I simply noticed that the animations are not really smooth but it's still very good compared to not being able to use any gestures like before.