ALPS Touchpad driver with VoodooInput

skyrilhd

Welcome to the new (also probably the last) release, and I am happy to announce that 1.0.6 has been released! This release includes many fixes and support for Force Touch (more on that later)...

First I created a pull request for the acidanthera repo as my goal was to make the whole VoodooPS2 thing more unified. So if all goes well, it will be merged soon.

Second, thanks to @Jake Lo's testing, V8 is now more stable and won't break after a few hours of use. Also, the trackpoint speed is now a third compared to 1.0.5.

Third, I removed VoodooInput support for V1, V2, and V6 touchpads due to hardware limitations. However, they still work like a regular mouse.

Fourth, notification centre on V7 touchpads has now been fixed! Also, Rushmore V3 now loads properly.

Last but not least, Force Touch support. This is a bit complicated and can lead to confusion. The table in my README should give a good overview of which Force Touch modes are supported: https://github.com/SkyrilHD/VoodooPS2-ALPS#force-touch

I want to thank you again for helping me debug to fix VoodooInput on other versions of ALPS touchpads! It was a fun ride :)

• Thanks 3

When using your version, the only difference is that my config.plist file is missing the appearance of the VoodooPS2Mouse kext compared to the config.plist file when using Acidanthera's version

Hi ,

also for me work only with SkyrilHD's kext. @skyrilhd

but I have 2 big problems.

-When I use the touchpad, the mouse goes crazy causing random movements (very often)

-After I use the keyboard, it is necessary to wait a sec before the touchpad starts to work .

Anyone can help me?

(dell E7470 , ALPS V8)

• Moderators

@Mattia27c

The latest version works fine on my E7470 with v8.

Yes it does go crazy from time to time but not often. I only use it for scrolling, swiping, zoom in and out.

3 fingers won't work well, that might be your issue with the random movement, don't use it.

There is a second delay perhaps from keyboard to touchpad. Hardly notice it though.