BCM94360NG question!

macostrial099

BCM94360NG question!

QUESTION

I recently installed BCM94360NG, I used adaptor for this card, I downloaded and installed the drivers for windows 10, and AirportBrcmFixup and BrcmPatchRAM kexts for Big Sur, I used the same both white and black antennas used for original card. However; I don't get any good signal in either windows 10 nor in Big Sur, it shows only 2 to 3 networks with one to no bars!

• Administrators

-> moved to Wireless & Bluetooth support section. It's not a Latitude E6xxx related matter.

1. No need for any kexts in OS X/macOS for this card, it's 100% natively supported even for Bluetooth.
  2. Regarding your signal-related issue, it could be a defective adapter board if you connected your laptop's antennas to the adapter's IPEX connectors and the BCM94360BG card to the adapter's MHF4 connectors (you did make those, right?). I assume you did make all the necessary antenna connections but I'd start by checking they're all properly made and nothing is loose. Careful with those MHF4 antennas, they can be tricky to put in place and the connectors tend to be fragile.

An Apple BCM94360CD in a mini-PCIe adapter would have been a much better and much cheaper choice in your E6xxx laptop, whatever the model (all models have the required 4 x antenna wires). That card performs much better than any Fenvi BCM94360NG and with the added benefit of using IPEX connectors... Perfect for older laptops fitted with mini-PCIe WLAN slots/cards.

• Thanks 1