E7470: not booting after updating to Monterey 12.1

TechAndrew

Hello,

After updating my e7470 to Monterey 12.1, I've been getting stuck at around the same point after the second boot (the first time booting into 12.1 right after upgrading went fine somehow):

IMG_0405.thumb.JPG.7f41c596bc5b7ff4d1e4d1d9a3a37342.JPG

I already tried clearing my NVRAM. I tried adding cpus=1 to the boot flags as well.

I attached a copy of my OC folder as well. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

OC.zip

• Administrators

See my reply in your identical thread posted at IM:

1. screenshot shows a reference to Broadcom card 14e4:43a3.
  2. OpenCore config shows properties for a DW1820A commented out.

If you have a DW1820A in that E7470, you must inject the properties that fake BCM4360 and disable ASPM or you'll indeed encounter system freeze at startup. See our detailed thread about BCM4350-based cards in our R&D->Wireless section. Looks like you modified your OC config before or after updating to 12.1

@Jake Lo Tried both of the above but no luck.

@Hervé Yes, I am using a DW1820A and can confirm that I patched and have disabled ASPM (as in the attached config.plist file that I'm currently using). I'm not sure why the commented stuff was there, but I can assure you that everything, including the wireless card, was working fine in Monterey 12.0.1. I'm still getting stuck at pretty much the same line when booting.

config.zip

• Administrators

Does not look different to me.

Properties injection for DW1820A don't look like they're being injected. If you disable Wireless in your BIOS settings, there should be a difference...

In addition, what are the reasons for using:

• SKL framebuffer 0x191B0000 rather than 0x19160000?
  • SSDT-AC + SSDT-DMAC + SSDT-MCHC-SBUS + SSDT_OCWorkDell patched tables?
  • add-on kexts such as FeatureUnlock + Intel & Broadcom Bluetooth firmware + NoTouchID + Sinetek-rtsx + VoodooI2C + CPUFriend?

Your SSDT-EC-USBX_Laptop patched table looks wrong to me and could also cause a system freeze. I suggest you download the table from Dortania's web site.

I have a much simpler set of ACPI tables and kexts on my E7270 and all works perfectly well. Looks like you've thrown all sort of (inappropriate) things at your E7470. I would suggest you seek inspiration out of Jake's guide: https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/9179-dell-latitude-e7x70-clover-and-opencore

• Thanks 1

Still no luck...

IMG_0411.thumb.JPG.963e5505fef3470ec3c92a4d609d4075.JPG

I tried booting with "-x" and "cpus=1" as well, but it ended up at the exact same point as last time.

So I went ahead and tried booting with all the wireless features disabled in BIOS and sure enough, it booted.

However, when I tried booting ahead with the wireless features re-enabled, it's booting up successfully again. The only thing I did was turn off and on the wireless in BIOS.