HP Pavilion X360 laptop: need DSDT/SSDT Patch to fix shutdown issue

Mr_T_aus_B

• Administrators

Original thread was getting really messy with 3rd party acting as intermediaries and turning off-topic so it's moved to a dedicated thread with direct input/feedback from system's owner.

As previously indicated/provided by @Jake Lo:

@Mr_T_aus_B please list your system's specs, ideally add them in signature.

• Like 1

@Hervé Thanks for the quick summary and moving the files to this new thread. Did you delete the old thread? I can not find it anymore. Specs are added to the signature now. I have OC 0.7.8 installed and I am trying to patch my DSDT/SSDT to allow to shutdown the laptop properly. @Hecatomb started the thread in this forum after supporting me in a German forum. I just tried to make the communication easier. Sorry for messing the thread up.

I am running Monterey 12.2.1 and the laptop does shutdown, but does not turn off. So I have to hold the power button to shut down the system after everything has come to a hold.

I have tried the EFI above, which does not solve the issue. So I am looking for a solution to patch the DSDT/SSDT properly to allow the computer to shut off by itself.

• Administrators

The posted "EFI SHUTDOWNFIX" contains an OC config file that does not call on the Fix-Shutdown-USB-SSDT. Yet, the patched tile is in the ACPI folder. Is that omission deliberate? Table won't get loaded unless specified in the OpenCore config file.

But I'm not sure this will actually fix your shutdown issue. The patched table calls on an external function that must of course be defined elsewhere in your vanilla tables.

If I read the file correctly the Config.plist does include the file "FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.aml" and the "change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW" patch in the ACPI section, is this not done properly? Or is the patch itself wrong?

The latest EFI was actually shared through google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rHt4Md8xn3I5kIONioLUtWvkVriHufW1?usp=sharing by another user with a similar Laptop. I believe this was not based on the shutdown patch posted above. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name and the old thread is deleted. It did not fix the issue though.

I remember that @Jake Lo asked for the ioReg information to dig a little deeper. Since i have not received any reply from him I am not sure if he was able to look into it, yet. However that was discussed in between him and @Hecatomb originally. Since i do not really know how to make this patch myself Hecatomb offered to post the question here. We both wanted to better understand how this is done correctly. The above mentioned Dortania guide is a good start, but does not really help to find the real location in the DSDT file.

Any support to get me and Hecatomb there would be appreciated.