D620 GMA: Kernel Panic on SL 10a432

Paradise03

Using A10 bios with settings that are in one of the threads pinned. Also using the Extras folder found here.

I don't have access to a 10.9 or below machine to use myHack, I have used Chameleon pkg that was in the same thread as the Extras on my Monterey machine. I've taken a look around here and online, seems I'm the only one with this issue.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_2022-02-14-14-16-36-877.jpg

• Administrators

Don't remember ever seeing that kind of error with SL on a D620 before. Maybe your USB installer ain't that right... If you have a retail 10.6(.0) DVD, you may use Nawcom's modCD as an alternative. It'll get you to a minimal SL installation from which you can create your myHack installer and experiment again. The old app is available in our 3rd party apps forum subsection.

I was able to make a nawcom modUSB instead of a CD, as this machine was given to me for free without an optical drive. I installed the OS and booted with the modUSB, but after doing the myHack and using the Extras folder from the forum, I got "could not find mach_kernel." So I copied the kernel from the dmg onto the usb and booted that way, however it still kernel panics. Ignore the SAFE BOOT message, I was just trying safe boot and didn't bother rebooting to take a picture. It's the same kp when booting normally.

IMG_2022-02-15-11-14-16-641.jpg

• Administrators

The packs I posted were for SL 10.6.8. I checked them again (but it's been so long and I no longer have any D Series) and maybe you ought to remove the kext called Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext from the Extra/Extensions folder. Possible the patched Intel Framebuffer kext too, at least until you've updated to 10.6.8.

Can't see anything else. You picked the correct pack re: screen resolution, right?

I made sure I picked the one that matched the resolution in bios. I didn't realize until now it was 10.6.8 specific. I've since booted into my existing 10.6 install with the modUSB and updated to 10.6.8, however using the modUSB with that results in no logs past [PCI Configuration Begin], and using the forum Extras folder with Chameleon gives the same kernel panic relating to AppleEFIRuntime. I'm at a loss on what could be wrong.

• Administrators

Don't use the 10.6.8 kernel for your 10.6(.0) installation. I doubt that'll work. Use the kernel for that version. Extract it from your Snow Leopard DVD/image. But you must be doing something wrong because making a USB installer with myHack does not require to manually add the kernel file at the root of the USB key (nor of the final installation).

I used the 10.6.8 kernel after updating the machine to 10.6.8. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong either :(

I thought since there was an issue relating to the kernel not being present, I tried selecting the legacy kernel option from the Installation options that modUSB adds to the vanilla installer. Every other option was deselected.