[Solved] E6430: unable to boot OC 0.7.9 to install High Sierra

Viez

• Administrators

The EFI you seem to refer to is not for OC 0.7.9 but for a much older version of OpenCore; you'll have to build an OC 0.7.9 EFI, using the same principles as those used for the older one. But you cannot re-use the files.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer !!!

Based on https://dortania.github.io/ and EFI E6x30 A24 LoRes OC 0.7.5 - Jake Lo I managed to create a new config.plist  and update kext to version 0.7.9,  when I run opencore I have no errors, I managed to install high sierra. Currently, everything works, except the turbo core and cam. 

I think the camera works on smbios 9.2, but I don't remember exactly.

I tried different smbios 9.2, 9.1 and 10.1 and 10.2 ,each change of smbios was preceded by nvram reset  and generating a new ssdtPRGen.sh script. (generate with flags -c 2 or 3)

When i do Geekbench test, Intel Power Gadget only shows 2.7 Ghz, 

When 

My spec: 

Dell e6430

CPU - i7-3740qm

RAM: 8G 1867Mhz

GPU: intel 4000hd 1366x768

OPENCORE 0.7.9

I include acpi and configACPI.zipconfig.plist.zip

edit: I have SSDT-PM.aml Disable, after switching on

Cpu is 800 mhz :P

• Administrators

Webcam is USB based. Can't remember if there are a couple of different models that were fitted to the E6430 like there were on the E6420. As long as your USB ports are properly mapped, Webcam will work either OOB or not at all depending on the model. Look it up in SysInfo->Hardware-USB or in IOReg. In your case of an E6430 with a quad-core CPU, the best SMBIOS to use in my opinion Is MBP10,2 but BMP9,2 will do fine too (not MBP9,1 or MBP10,1 because these used a Kepler nVidia dGPU). Make sure you make your USB port mappings after you've selected your SMBIOS, the 2 are linked.

Re: CPU power management, it does not look like you got it right: you sure generated the proper SSDT table with Pike R Alpha's generator script, but you've not enabled it in your OC config file...

• Like 1

CPU :
After a few reboots and unlocking in config.plist SSDT-PM (stupid mistake) Cpu started with turbo

USB:
As for the USB, I changed all smbios from 11.1 to the one I use 10.2, the camera and all the usb are working fine

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions