IdeaPad Yoga 11s: unable to install High Sierra

Hi,Hervé. I am tring to install 10.13.6 on my lenovo ideapad yoga 11s (cpu:i3-3229y,hd4000), and got stucked at "AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error:received error 0×84 when reading key 'MSLD',AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error:received error 0×84 when reading key 'ALV0'".
I post my clover. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

yoga11s_clover.zip

• Administrators

I've made many modifications related to ACPI patches, CPU PM, SIP, graphics, etc.

Your posted folder shows no table in ACPI/Patched folder, yet your config called on at least 2 of them so I removed such calls. Please note that you should include tables such as SSDT-PNLF and, of course, your generated CPU PM SSDT (use Pike's good old and well-known generator script to that effect).

SSDT-PNLF.aml.zip config.plist.zip

You were calling on the HiRes Capri framebuffer 0x01660004 but that's for Hi Res LCD with a resolution of 1600x900 or higher. Given what I've found about your laptop, I've changed the config for the LoRes Capri framebuffer 0x01660003; that's what's needed for LoRes LCD of 1366x768.

You're using MBA5,2 SMBIOS and that's fine looking at your CPU model but feel free to experiment with MBP9,2 or MBP10,2 SMBIOS if you're not entirely satisfied with CPU power management.

You'll also have to do your USB ports mapping. You can look that up and do it on your own, it's not difficult.

Please post your hardware specs if you need further assistance or, ideally, post them in signature like most of us do. It should be systematic if not mandatory...

Hi,Hervé. I tried your config.plist, and got stuck at "error 0×84 when reading key 'ALV0" still. Then I srearched and downloaded a EFI which used for yoga 13 (same specs except cpu) from a website .Be stuck at "error 0×84 when reading key 'ALV0" as before. I post EFI from yoga 13 and a picture, and want to get your help. Thanks.

clover_from_yoga13.zip

stuck_picture.jpg

• Administrators

I'm pretty sure that the error messages aren't an issue at all; it seems that you're just getting stuck at graphics initialisation. Not surprising if you're using that Yoga 13 EFI; it's just unsuitable.

One thing I'd like to suggest is replace VirtualSMC & its plugIns by FakeSMC and its PlugIns. You can grab it in the various packs I posted in, say, my Dell Latitude E6230 guides.

• Administrators

Ok, that confirms graphics initialisation issue and since I've just noticed you opted to inject IntelGraphicsFixUp kext for some reason, I suggest you remove that kext. It should not be required on an Ivy Bridge/HD4000 laptop.

Hi,Hervé. You are right. It is the graphics driver issue. I tried to change id 0x01660003 into 0x12345678, said that can block graphics driver temporarily. Installation process took another step, was stuck at apple logo now. I am a little tired. Can not find more useful information to solve the problem.

stuck_picture2.jpg