E6440: trackpad not working

Charlee78

• Moderators

On your 1st post you mentioned about replacing kexts in /Library/Extensions. Was that incorrect?

What kext did you replace?

I never own an Atheros and from what I have read, it has not work as well as the older MacOS...High Sierra and below..maybe.

I have use the Intel on some of my newer hacks that has soldered on Intel Wifi, so no option to replace with one that I prefer like Broadcom, DW1560, DW1830, DW1820A. 

But these won't work on your model, you could opt for DW1550 though as it only take miniPCIe cards.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

On your 1st post you mentioned about replacing kexts in /Library/Extensions. Was that incorrect?

What kext did you replace?

I replaced the VoodooPS2Controller kext to fix the trackpad but it didn't work.

For the wifi card, I will look into the one you suggested and return the new one I have if I can :)

Ok, I found a card not that far from me and I would receive it in just a couple of days but it's an Azurewave instead of dw1550, still has the broadcom BCM4352: 

Would that work or should I go with the dell?

I did and it's there, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else I didn't knew that would matter.

So, the new card is ordered and I should get it by the 25th of may ;)

For the non working trackpad, should I try to reinstall Catalina with all the kexts we removed? Should I try to make a new installer usb?

while waiting for the Wifi card to show up, I would really like to understand the process better and I've built another usb drive with kexts that I think should work for my system.

First question: Do I have to update the Config.plist everytime I add or remove kexts on the usb drive?

Second question: I am using the VoodooPS2Controller recommended by Hervé. I installed the recommended one and it doesn't work. I've included pictures of what I get.

It says it found V3 rushmore touchpad just before stopping.

thumbnail_IMG_4452.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4453.jpg

CLOVER.zip

• Administrators

if the kext have the same name from the previous config entry then no you do not have to change anything in config. if you are adding new kext or removing unused kext's then yes config has to be edited to reflect the new changes

• Administrators

Only with OpenCore but this is Clover here, so no kext to declare in the config.

There are elements of the Clover config available in the last posted EFI that need to be revised: boot args and ACPI dropped tables for instance but a few other things too:

• dropping SSDT CpuPm and Cpu0Ist is not required so those should be removed
  • enabling C6 is not required and should be left disabled
  • boot arg kext-dev-mode=1 is for Yosemite only; completely useless since any other OS X/macOSversion.

I'd also try to switch from VirtualSMC & PlugIns to FakeSMC & PlugIns given that it seems you're experiencing trouble with former. There's also a good chance boot hangs because you're missing the USBInjectAll kext to support all your USB ports at startup; that can lead to having your USB installer not accessible during startup.

Ok, this is all pretty new for me! I disabled C6 and removed boot arg kext-dev-mode=1. So this is done.

I was wondering, to remove CpuPm Cpu0Lst, do I completely remove the dictionary that starts with 1? Or just the TableId?

For the VirtualSMC , do I just need to remove the kext and install the FakeSMC?

Lastly, I got my new wifi card in the mail! Yeah! Should I wait after the install for the kexts?

Sorry for all the questions but this is all very new for me!