Lenovo Y520: SD Card Reader and sleep don't work

George1203

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the problems it is normal I have revolutionized the ACPI, in order to improve I need the log ioreg of my EFI. I didn't work to fix the problems, I just adapted the SSDT-Y520 for use with Opencore, adding (if Darwin) where needed and removing various renames in configplist. All problems need to be fixed, in my EFI OC 0.8.2 + kext last commit.

• Administrators

@Baio77 You may mean well, but please keep this thread on-topic and do not divert onto fixing what you believe to be issues when such things were not even mentioned and your proposed new setups end up creating new issues. It's a recurring pattern of yours... The OC EFI you provided does not even address the O2 SD card reader, the thread's own topic!

@George1203 The OC config you posted shows incorrect injections:

OC_config_incorrect_injections.jpg

In addition, these injections useless if you already use a patched SSDT to do so (SSDT-SDCard.aml). So only use one solution or the other but not both. In your case, SSDT-SDCard is correct, your OC config is wrong.

As advised by Jake, make sure you also remove those add-on kexts that appear in your OC config (remove them from the OC config and the kexts folder):

• AppleSDSX
  • AppleSDXCInjector
  • VoodooSDHC

As stated here (based on posted reports by forum members), the patch is understood to be applicable to your O2 card reader model (ven/dev id 1217:8621) so all that's required is injecting the property declaring compatibility with Apple's hardware (pci14e4,16bc):

O2_SD_card_reader.jpg

You would then expect to see your SD card reader in SysInfo in a manner similar to this:

O2_SD_Card_Reader.jpg

Of course, make sure it's not disabled in BIOS.

As detailed here back in 2019, the same O2 SD card reader (pci1217,8621) was said to be fully working in a Lenovo ThinkPad E470 with the stated patch (compatible pci14e4,16bc). One notable difference though: the subsystem-vendor-id being set to Apple's 0x106B:

ThinkPad_E470_SD_card_reader.jpg

Jake already fixed all this in the OC config he provided where he commented out your incorrect config for the SD crd reader and added the correct properties injection.

Hi Hervé

Thanks for your reply and I tried to do the everything as your mention, but the result is still no work on sdcard reader.

I think the ven/dev id 1217:8621 can work under Clover Device Arbitray and that is different with the OC Device Properties.

The Clover configuration is difficult to me, so I can not to proof that.

Also maybe the Apple kext version issue dute the MacOS Monterey.

I attached the info.list of AppleSDXC.kext from S/L/E.

截圖 2022-06-27 上午8.20.02.png