VoodooSDHC

Slice

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dont think so.. its unable to read standard Fat32... have you tested with putting it in /s/l/e and also disable network kext ?

sure, the driver doesn't support formatting. Only Read and Write on preformatted cards.

I have not find any problem inside the driver because it works with Dell Inspiron. But the hardware is different and I continue to search a workaround.

I need to know if the reader works in Linux because I have linux's sources and compare with my sources. Looks to be the same...

May be you know linux forum where SDReader on Dell Latitude is discussed?

Hi all,

this my first post in your forum, but thanks to your nice tutorial, I was able to install succesfully OSX on a D420 as well as a D430; The only remaining lacking thing is the SD card reader. Yersterday; I downloaded the Dell Post Installer v1.4.1 and just installed the SD Card reader and ... It worked ! The SD card was detected, the content was accessible. However, Sleep was disabled and the system hanged up as soon as I removed the card. I saw that the Kext version was v3, so I tried with newer versions of iOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext but none of them were giving positive result.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

John Jaune

can you please attach the one that works to a post here ?

I used the Dell Laptop Post installer v1.4.1 :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97966

I just selected SD Card Reader under "others"

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?dj52kuyhjwj

On a Latitude D420 with OSX 10.6.7 and a 32 Go SD card.

Note : Tested "succesfully" again tonight and as before the card is mounted on the Desktop; and Sleep Mode is then disabled. Removing the card or putting one after a system start with empty slot freezes immediately the system.

• Administrators

Tested, does not work on mine.. i can init the card, but not format it, and even if i format it on another machine i still can't mount it.. does it work on both your D420 and D430 ?