Dell latitude 7490: Shutdown not working

Joce Nunes

Guys I did Hackintosh on a Dell Latitude 7490 notebook (opencore). Everything worked fine. But when I turn it off it apparently turns off, but when I went to check the screen turns off, but the cooler and the USB, etc. don't. I already followed this fix suggestion (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/shutdown.html), which didn't solve it, could anyone help me?

• Administrators

Lobby section is for personal introduction. Moving this thread to appropriate Latitude 7000 Series support section.

Please make every effort to post in the appropriate sections of the forum.

By cooler, you mean the fan?

There are several existing threads about the Latitude 7490 on our forum; read them up and check the various bootloader packs posted in them. Yours is probably incorrect but, until you actually post a zipped copy of it... who knows?

I had that laptop for a couple of years and ran Mojave and Calalina on it; 'never had any issue of any kind with it as a Hackintosh, certainly not with shutting it down.

• Administrators

To me, there are several things incorrect in your OC setup and I'd start by removing the following kexts from your config + kexts folder:

1. CpuTscSync
  2. HibernationFixup

Can't see why you'd need them. I never did.

Some of your iGPU property injections appear quite odd to me too, but that's not something likely to prevent the laptop from shutting down, only cause issue with HDMI output.

Most 7490 were fitted with 8th gen Kaby Lake R CPUs and therefore use MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS. Your config shows you've opted for MacBookPro14,2 SMBIOS, i.e. a 7th gen Kaby Lake model. You need to post your system's specs, ideally add them in signature like most people do here.

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

To me, there are several things incorrect in your OC setup and I'd start by removing the following kexts from your config + kexts folder:

1. CpuTscSync
  2. HibernationFixup

Can't see why you'd need them. I never did.

Some of your iGPU property injections appear quite odd to me too, but that's not something likely to prevent the laptop from shutting down, only cause issue with HDMI output.

Most 7490 were fitted with 8th gen Kaby Lake R CPUs and therefore use MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS. Your config shows you've opted for MacBookPro14,2 SMBIOS, i.e. a 7th gen Kaby Lake model. You need to post your system's specs, ideally add them in signature like most people do here.

I understand, can you pass me a post here on the forum that has the correct installation?

I will redo everything following the correct process.

• Administrators

I don't have them at hand, please use the forum Search facility.

And, in case you had not noticed, we also have a dedicated section dedicated for full installation guides (only)... -_-